Rhett's experience as a paralegal as well as litigation support specialist will be essential as he understands the myriad of issues involved in project management.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) February 23, 2011
TERIS Bay Area announced today the hiring of Rhett Thomas as Project Manager for its growing Silicon Valley office. TERIS Bay Area has seen a dramatic increase in its eDiscovery business in the Bay Area over the past year.
Rhett has more than 10 years of IP litigation experience on the law firm side of the industry, beginning his career as a paralegal and then moving into the Litigation Support department. He comes to TERIS after eight years at Townsend and Townsend and Crew, LLP, where he most recently was a litigation support specialist. As a paralegal he was involved in roughly 40 matters, five of which went to trial in various districts, including an appearance with the International Trade Commission.
At TERIS, his responsibilities include managing the litigations process for one its primary clients. This includes:
- Insuring requested custodian materials are received and prepared for review
- Managing the use of Clearwell with the client
- Interfacing with clients and outside counsel
- Providing eDiscovery project management for complex litigation cases, including database management, best practices, cost effective workflow, web-based data tools, electronic discovery processes and document analysis.
- Acting as a liaison to coordinate and manage clients, corporate and outside counsel
- Researching, evaluating, testing and advising the client on existing and potential litigation support tools
“TERIS is excited to have Rhett joining our strong Bay Area project management team,” said Kevin Brooks, Executive Vice President, TERIS Northern California. “Our eDiscovery business experienced very strong growth in 2010 – and we are already off to a great start in 2011. Rhett's experience as a paralegal as well as litigation support specialist will be essential as he understands the myriad of issues involved in project management. He will play a key role in our company's growth and expansion plans in the Bay Area.”
Rhett is a graduate of Arizona State University.
Founded in 1996, TERIS provides legal support and sophisticated eDiscovery solutions to corporate legal teams and law firms across the U.S. and internationally. TERIS’ staff of over 300 was named one of the top 20 eDiscovery service providers by industry researcher Socha-Gelbmann in 2008. The company has offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, San Diego, Phoenix, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. To learn more about TERIS, visit http://www.TERIS.com or follow the company on Twitter at Twitter.com/DiscoverTERIS or Facebook at Facebook.com/TERIS.
Media Contact: David Kaufer, 425-275-8814 (mobile); 206-521-8717 (office) or DKaufer(at)TERIS(dot)com
# # #