Making sure pets are comfortable on RV trips creates better memories for everyone.
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus/PRWEB) February 24, 2011
Pedata RV Center releases safety tips list for RV travel with pets. As more RVers make RVing a steady part of their lifestyle, either as a seasonal home or a frequent mode of transportation for vacation, more issues come up in relation to pets on the road.
Tips for Safe RV Travel with Pets:
1. Can your pet travel? If your pet has never traveled try a short road trip before heading out on a long vacation. Some animals have a hard time traveling and will actually become sick. Discover this before you are hours from home
2. Check your pet's tags. They need to be updated prior to departure if any of the information is old.
3. Make sure that your pet's tags include a cell phone or other number that will actually be accessible to you while on the road.
4. Consider other identification devices like the chips that can be implanted in order to find a lost pet.
5. Have the appropriate health certificate. Taking your pet across state or international border lines requires a health certificate signed by a veterinarian.
6. Verify that your pet will be welcome at your final destination before leaving on your trip.
7. Bring a portable kennel for times when your pet will be left unattended.
8. Always keep your pet leashed. If you have a pet that you frequently allow unleashed remember that you are in new territory with unknown distractions and stimulants. Introduce a leash in unknown circumstances. Better safe than sorry.
Gerard Pedata of Pedata RV Center said, "RVs have become the solid choice for individuals and families who like to travel with their pets. There are little to no additional costs or inconveniences when adding a pet to the mix of an RV travel group in comparison to other modes of vacation travel."
Pedata RV Center sells used RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, campers, and motor homes. Their full inventory is accessible online and due to their low overhead costs they are able to offer competitive pricing in their industry. Easy access to industry and recreational vehicle information allows consumers to have access to the specific knowledge they need to ensure their purchase results in long term satisfaction.
For more information on Pedata RV Center, or current trends in the RV industry visit Pedata RV Center online at http://www.pedatarvcenter.com or contact Gerard Pedata:
Contact: Gerard Pedata
Company: Pedata RV Center
Phone: 1-888-545-8314 or 520-807-0900
# # #