With Plantronics’ new advisor to accurately configure audio devices, we are pleased that Netformx users can experience yet another level of time savings and improved customer satisfaction
(Vocus/PRWEB) March 01, 2011
Netformx announces the availability of a Plantronics Audio Device Advisor included in the Netformx KnowledgeBaseTM. With this solution, the task of selecting headsets and accessories when designing Cisco Unified Communications (UC) solutions has never been easier.
The new capability ensures Plantronics headset compatibility with the Cisco phone selected and user-selectable features such as wireless connectivity and noise cancelation. This collaboration will reduce configuration errors by resellers and integrators and reduce costs for returns and replacements. It also helps users to select the best possible Plantronics headset taking into consideration compatibility with Cisco phones and a rich set of user options including:
- USB, wireless or corded
- Wearing style
- Remote Call Control
- Noise cancelation
- Cisco IP phone and softphone support
The Plantronics Audio Device Advisor also supports configuring the necessary additional components including software modules, cables and audio processors to ensure proper compatibility.
- “The strength of the Netformx KnowledgeBase lies in the quality of the content, devices and advisors that are included. Having an industry leader like Plantronics continue to invest in adding to that KnowledgeBase is a testament to their belief in our solution and the value it brings to customers.” said Netformx COO Steve Bamberger. “With Plantronics’ new advisor to accurately configure audio devices, we are pleased that Netformx users can experience yet another level of time savings and improved customer satisfaction.”
- “As unified communications accelerates in the enterprise, systems integrators are tasked with accurately mapping a cohesive, workable deployment, no matter the vendor or deployment size,” said Michael Gjerstad, vice president of Strategic Partnerships at Plantronics. “Interoperable audio devices are critical to the success and adoption of deployments. With the addition of our audio devices to Netformx, a realistic and complete network proposal that keeps the end-user in mind can now be created.”
- The planning of complex network solutions involves labor-intensive and error-prone data collection processes. Netformx, the requirements-to-order leader, automates the process with Netformx DesignXpert® which is supported by a KnowledgeBase of over two million rules and 338,000+ devices. The Plantronics audio devices coupled with the advisor in the KnowledgeBase complement the full Cisco UC solution design within Netformx DesignXpert.
- Plantronics headsets represent the most personal aspect of UC solutions and have a profound impact on end-user adoption and satisfaction. Netformx and Plantronics are making it even easier for a reseller or system integrator to incorporate audio devices as part of their deployment planning.
- Netformx and Plantronics are attending Enterprise Connect, taking place February 28 – March 3, 2011 in Orlando, Florida. Plantronics is a Silver Sponsor and will be located in Booth #1229. Netformx will be hosted in Cisco’s Booth #1009.
- Learn more about Netformx DesignXpert, an integrated desktop platform that delivers automated, data-driven design, configuration, quotation and proposal generation solutions.
- Learn more about the Netformx KnowledgeBase, the largest multi-vendor database for networking equipment with specifications, validation rules, pricing, ordering information and discovery mappings for more than 338,000 products and over two million design rules from top manufacturers of network products such as Cisco, Juniper, Avaya and others.
- Learn more about Plantronics vision to deliver smarter, more intuitive communications and how they are pioneering the next generation of mobile communications devices and technologies to help people stay connected, regardless of location or device.
Netformx automates the requirements-to-order process of designing Information and Communications technology (ICT) solutions. Service providers, systems integrators and manufacturers worldwide use the company’s award-winning solutions to transform enterprise customer requirements into deployable networks and communications solutions.
Today, at least 25,000 networking design and sales professionals at AT&T, Bell Canada, Sprint, Verizon, Mountain West Telecom, CenturyLink, HP Network Solution Group, Orange Business, Swisscom, Dimension Data, Belgacom and many others use Netformx’s solutions. The company’s equipment vendor partners include Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, TrippLite, Adtran, APC, Belden, TerraWave Solutions and Plantronics, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.netformx.com.
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers pioneering new trends in audio technology for 50 years and creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From Unified Communication solutions to Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit http://www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics is a registered trademark of Plantronics, Inc.
Netformx® and Netformx DesignXpert® are registered trademarks of Netformx, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.