"The USDA's new dietary guidelines have brought on a new sense of urgency. Americans need to cut back on portion sizes, as well as salt, sugar and fat," says Doug Taeckens, President and CEO of Healthy Steps by Jokari.
Dallas, TX (Vocus/PRWEB) March 02, 2011
Healthy Steps by Jokari, an innovative line of portion control kitchen tools, will feature nine new kitchen tools at the International Home and Housewares Show, Sunday through Tuesday, March 6-8, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
"The USDA's new dietary guidelines have brought on a new sense of urgency. Americans need to cut back on portion sizes, as well as salt, sugar and fat," says Doug Taeckens, President and CEO of Healthy Steps by Jokari. "Our innovative line of kitchen tools takes the guesswork out of serving proper portion sizes, while simplifying preparation of fresh and nutritious foods."
Healthy Steps by Jokari was the first to market with its growing line of portion control kitchen tools that simplify how much we serve our families. New products, to be featured in Booth S443, include:
- Healthy Steps Chicken Pro -- is a multi-tool for cooked and rotisserie chicken. One end is a curved and serrated pick that quickly removes cooked chicken skin. The other end debones, removing all the meat with one quick swoop.
- Healthy Steps Pasta Server -- helps scoop up cooked pasta more easily. The server indicates the proper serving sizes of both pasta and sauce -- one scoop gets it right every time.
- Healthy Steps Fish Turner -- features two blades for turning standard-size fish filets. Simply slide the fish turner underneath the filet, lower the second smaller blade on top, then turn the filet over in one piece -- no more broken filets in the pan and on the plate.
- The Cookie Pro -- delivers identically measured cookie dough balls for uniform cookie size and portion control. The multi-tool includes a flex cup for just-right portions of dough. The spatula-shaped end spreads dough or frosting.
- Nut Bowl and Scoop -- make it easy to enjoy nuts in portion-controlled servings. The bowl's lid scoops nuts from bulk packaging into the nut bowl. The bowl measures one or two servings -- just right for a healthy snack.
- Healthy Steps Salad Dressing Lid -- screws onto the top of most salad dressing bottles. Squeezing the bottle fills a chamber on top of the lid with a two-tablespoon serving -- the perfect portion to top off a healthy salad.
- Salad Dressing Cruet -- features a flexible bottle for mixing homemade vinaigrette dressings or vinegar and oil. Squeeze the bottle and the dressing flows into the serving-size receptacle in the top. Fill to the proper serving line and pour over the salad.
- The Herb Pro -- speeds and simplifies preparing fresh herbs for cooking and garnish.
Currently, Healthy Steps by Jokari line has 30 products with MSP ranging from $2.99 to $14.95. The entire line is available online at Organize.com, Chef Central.com and Amazon. A selection of products is available at many different retailers including Hy-Vee, Garden Ridge, Cost Plus World Market, Wegmans, Stop 'N Shop, Zabar's, Big Y Food Stores, King's Food Stores, QFC and Giant Food Stores.
# # #