Morristown, N.J. (Vocus/PRWEB) March 04, 2011
The Hampshire Companies, a full-service, private real estate investment firm with equity in assets valued at over $2 billion, experienced strong levels of leasing activity, executing 1,256,182 square feet of new lease transactions throughout 2010 despite a challenging marketplace and continuing weak employment data.
“Our cycle-tested expertise and true understanding of the marketplace allowed us to leverage a variety of opportunities throughout 2010, despite the challenging real estate market,” said James E. Hanson II, President and CEO of The Hampshire Companies. “We put a consistent effort behind acquiring and maintaining quality space and aggressively working with tenants to meet their needs. We saw a particular increase in activity in the fourth quarter, which offers some added encouragement and gives us an optimistic view of the year ahead. As the economy continues to grow, we will begin to see more signs of positive absorption in 2011.”
Major leasing transactions include:
- 120,015 square feet leased to Patton Picture at 1225 South Market Street in Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- 110,369 square feet leased to Sun Products at 1900 Clark Road in Havre De Grace, Md.
- 83,176 square feet leased to Reliance Vitamin at 3775 Park Avenue in Edison, N.J.
- 60,000 square feet leased to Coining Inc. at 15 Mercedes Drive in Montvale, N.J.
- 53,360 square feet of industrial space at 83 White Oak Drive in Berlin, Conn.
- 24,000 square feet of office space to HUD at 20 Church Street in Hartford, Conn.
- 20,000 square feet of retail space at 929 North Caroline Street in East Baltimore, Md.
To learn more about The Hampshire Companies or its available space, please visit http://www.hampshireco.com
About The Hampshire Companies
The Hampshire Companies is a full-service, private real estate investment firm based in Morristown, N.J. The Hampshire Companies is a vibrant, dynamic organization that combines creative vision and superior execution, thereby enabling it to create and enhance value in real estate investments. Additional information on The Hampshire Companies is available online at http://www.hampshireco.com.