When transitioning to virtual, cloud and hybrid services, consider how all the pieces will work together as a cohesive and maintainable system - it will be easier to focus on applications that can provide the quickest payback with the lowest risk.
Hopkinton, MA (Vocus/PRWEB) March 04, 2011
Transitional Data Services (TDS), the leader in complex data center relocations today announced the expansion of services to assist companies in evaluating and executing migrations to cloud and hybrid data center deployments.
The conventional view of a data center represented by physical space, critical infrastructure, servers, storage and networks is no longer an effective way to think about the enterprise computing environment. With the adoption of virtualization, SaaS and cloud computing, the data center is transforming into a hybrid computing model, in which organizations and end users access applications that run inside the conventional data center as well as in SaaS and cloud services. This hybrid model presents both opportunities and challenges to the IT organization.
“Given the cross-discipline perspective of TDS – spanning physical data centers, virtual and cloud application deployments and ongoing operations– our team understands the complexity and risk that can be introduced with these types of migrations,” said Michael Bullock, CEO of Transitional Data Services. “When transitioning to virtual, cloud and hybrid services, it is essential to consider how all the pieces will work together as a cohesive and maintainable system. With this approach, it will be easier to focus on those applications that can provide the quickest payback with the lowest risk.”
The TDS Cloud and Hybrid Data Center Migration Services include:
- TDS Cost-to-Compute – Comprehensive evaluation of the true cost of computing for physical, virtual and cloud deployments for specific IT requirements and resources
- TDS Application Benchmarking – Services to evaluate critical performance factors and to verify post migration performance against the pre-move baseline
- TDS Platform Selection – Assistance in selecting the optimal mix of physical, colocation, SaaS and Cloud for your application and infrastructure environment
- TDS Environment Migrations – Execution of infrastructure migrations including all combinations of data, physical, virtual and cloud services (i.e. P2P, P2V, V2V, P2C, V2C, C2C)
- TDS Technical Operations – Ongoing assurance of end to end application availability in physical, virtual, cloud, SaaS and hybrid deployments.
In conjunction with this announcement, TDS will be hosting several webinars, offered free to those businesses facing challenges with cloud and hybrid migrations. Attendance is limited – please register online at http://www.TransitionalData.com/webinars .
TDS is also sponsoring the Markey Data Center Networking Event in Boston on April 28, 2011 and will be available in-person conferences to discuss data center, application migration and hybrid computing challenges.
Transitional Data Services (http://www.TransitionalData.com) is a consulting and IT services company that has provisioned, transitioned and managed over 1 million square feet of IT space for companies including Kayak.com, John Hancock, Boston Red Sox, Liberty Mutual, Pioneer Electronics and many other companies of all sizes.
TDS works hand in hand with clients through full deployment cycles – from design, implementation and through ongoing operations, and this experience brings a holistic, real world perspective in evaluating hybrid enterprise computing. With experience spanning all facets of enterprise computing including facilities, virtualization, cloud, SaaS, business applications and 24/7 operations, TDS provides unique perspective and insight for supporting these mixed environments.