The next generation of retail solutions is catering to this growing demand, so the Retail TouchPoints editorial team was compelled to acknowledge these innovations accordingly.
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ (Vocus/PRWEB) March 04, 2011
Retail TouchPoints (RTP), the industry’s go-to source for customer engagement strategies, today announced its first annual Next-Gen Retail Awards, which recognizes 10 companies that showcased innovative solutions at the National Retail Federation’s 100th Annual Convention in January in New York.
“The next generation of retail is being driven in part by social media and smart phone technology, which require retailers to effectively define and execute strategies that deliver a top-notch approach to Customer Relationship Management (CRM),” said Amanda F. Batista, Associate Editor at Retail TouchPoints. “The next generation of retail solutions is catering to this growing demand, so the Retail TouchPoints editorial team was compelled to acknowledge these innovations accordingly.”
The Next-Gen Retail Awards recognize the following companies for providing innovative solutions in these categories:
1. Social Media- Cisco
2. In-Store Marketing- Intel Corporation
3. Inventory Management- Global Bay Mobile Technologies
4. Store Intelligence- Tyco Retail Solutions
5. Mobile Technology- Aruba Networks
6. Customer Engagement- NCR Corporation
7 Payments/Point of Sale (POS)- Xsilva
8. Analytics- QlikTech
9. Store Operations- Opterus
10. Cross-Channel- CrossView
Next-Gen Retail Award winners earned cutting-edge kudos from the RTP editorial team, which evaluated solution providers that presented their solutions at the NRF convention. The following 4 “Factors” were considered:
1. The Cutting Edge Factor — A new, innovative approach to everyday tasks and operations
2. The First-of-its-Kind Factor — A never-seen-before solution that shows great potential
3. The Game-Changing Factor — An approach that empowers retailers to streamline their efforts and potentially gain a competitive advantage
4. The "Must-See" Factor — Solutions that stopped attendees in their tracks on the show floor
A complimentary copy of the 2011 Next-Gen Retail Awards Report is available for download here.
Retail TouchPoints is an online publishing network for retail executives, with content focused on optimizing the customer experience across all channels. Tapping into the power of the web 2 .0 environment, the Retail TouchPoints network offers a weekly e-newsletter with category-specific trend pieces, turnkey retail case studies, innovative solution spotlights interactive video interviews and benchmark research. Visit our content-rich web site at RetailTouchPoints.com.