To be recognized with one of these honors is to join elite company in the global regulatory profession
Rockville, MD, USA (Vocus/PRWEB) March 08, 2011
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is seeking candidates for the 2011 class of RAPS Fellows and for its annual awards honoring outstanding regulatory professionals in the healthcare products sector.
“To be recognized with one of these honors is to join elite company in the global regulatory profession,” said RAPS Executive Director Sherry Keramidas, PhD, CAE. “In a profession that is not often in the spotlight, the RAPS Fellows and RAPS Awards programs give us an important opportunity to acknowledge outstanding individual contributors to the regulatory field.”
The RAPS Fellows distinction is reserved for senior-level regulatory professionals who demonstrate dedication to, and leadership in, the advancement of the profession. RAPS Awards are given in five categories celebrating a range of accomplishments within the regulatory profession. Awards nominations are submitted by professional colleagues, while Fellows candidates must apply on their own behalf. Both awards nominations and Fellows applications are due 31 May 2011.
Fellows and awards recipients will be honored during 2011 RAPS: The Regulatory Convergence, in Indianapolis, 22–26 October 2011. For more information on RAPS Fellows, visit http://www.RAPS.org/fellows. For more about the RAPS Awards Program, visit http://www.RAPS.org/awards.
The RAPS Fellows program recognizes senior regulatory professionals, with a minimum of 15 years of regulatory experience, for their continued significant contributions and leadership in the advancement of the profession and the professional. Fellows receive a dignified status and special services from RAPS and serve as important resources for strategic dialogue, mentoring, implementation of special initiatives and international development.
The RAPS Awards are selected based upon the following five categories:
- The Richard E. Greco Award is the highest honor bestowed by RAPS. It recognizes outstanding leaders, who have made significant contributions to the regulatory profession and to RAPS, and who also show personal involvement and commitment either with RAPS or within their community.
- The Global Leadership Award recognizes professionals who exemplify leadership and contributions toward development of the regulatory profession and toward increasing awareness of RAPS in societies and economies worldwide.
- The Leonard Stauffer Award recognizes exceptional contributions to mentoring and furthering regulatory professional education development including special achievements related to Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC).
- The New Professional Award recognizes professionals early in their career for exceptional service or special accomplishments in the regulatory profession and to RAPS.
- The Special Recognition Award recognizes unique contributions and achievements of individuals and organizations that advance the quality of health and the regulatory profession.
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is an international membership organization of regulatory professionals in the rapidly growing medical device, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Regulatory professionals play vital roles in making better healthcare products possible. They work throughout the healthcare product lifecycle, ensuring these products are safe and effective, while driving organizational strategy and sound decision-making. RAPS supports these individuals and the regulatory profession by providing education and training, Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), professional standards, research, knowledge-sharing, publications, networking, career development opportunities and other valuable resources; and is committed to helping its members continually develop the knowledge and skills they need to excel. RAPS is headquartered near Washington, DC, with offices in Brussels and Tokyo. http://www.raps.org.