Washington, DC (Vocus/PRWEB) March 16, 2011
Later this month, WPL Publishing will sponsor a webinar that is designed to help construction professionals improve governance on their projects.
This interactive event will address the benefits of augmenting the management program that parties use during both the pre-construction and construction phases. The webinar, entitled "Contract Risk Management for Construction Project Delivery: Owner/Contractor Practices that Lead to Success," is scheduled for Thursday, March 24, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. (EDT). To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/4pexry5.
Attendees of the webinar will learn how to identify and manage the risks inherent in contract requirements, cost estimates, and schedules. The techniques and tasks learned through this event can assist construction professionals in the equitable and timely resolution of issues that would otherwise impede the success of a project.
The webinar will focus on the following topics:
- The criteria for a successful project from each party’s perspective.
- Project success goals and why a comprehensive understanding of them by the entire management team is critical.
- The advantages of reviewing project procedures and practices early in a project.
- Key requirements for estimates and preliminary scheduling that allow for later evaluation and preclude disputes.
- The difference between allowances and contingencies, why both should be re-evaluated over time and when these evaluations should take place.
- What elements are evaluated in a review of contractor schedules.
- The importance of “real time” resolution for potential disputes.
Addressing attendees will be Jean Hansen, vice president and managing consultant of Risk Consulting's Construction Consulting Practice. She has worked on engagements involving claims resolution and prevention as well as analysis of scheduling, productivity, costs, and project management for the building, transportation, infrastructure, power, and process industries on behalf of owners and contractors in the private and public sectors. She has developed and presented risk-management instructional programs for private companies and public agencies.
Following Ms. Hansen's presentation, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/4pexry5.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. produces three construction newsletters: Construction Claims Advisor (http://www.constructionclaims.com), Green Building Insider (http://www.greenbuildinginsider.com), and Construction Advisor Today (http://www.constructionadvisortoday.com). The company also hosts webinar series on topics relevant to the construction industry. WPL is on Twitter at CAT_Online.
# # #