This is our first offering of a Cuban itinerary for Americans, and we are excited about showing the rich cultural heritage, stunning landscape, food and enterprises in agriculture and sustainability of Cuba
-Rosalyn Salters, EcoArts Tours
San Francisco, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) March 17, 2011
EcoArts Tours is dedicated to being a new kind of entity - one that serves as a nexus of bridging the gap between the arts, sustainability and travel.
This June 27 – July 7, 2011, the Culinary EcoArts Tour provides professionals and aficionados of Cuban cuisine the opportunity to travel to a region normally restricted to Americans. So now, anyone can go! From Havana to the island of Cayo Coco, visit organic farms, gain insight on renewable energy, enjoy culinary lessons and explore the diverse culture and natural wonders.
The registration deadline is March 31st, so reserve your space today.
- Take a city tour of Havana with an agro-ecological focus of visiting organic gardens and a farmers market
- Visit with the ACTAF (Cuban Association of Crop and Forestry Professionals)
- Enjoy traditional dinners and culinary lessons at restaurants such as El Bambu and the 12 Apostles (at the foot of the Fortaleza Morro Cabaña)
- Visit Cuba Solar, the country’s leading NGO for renewable energy, and gain insight on rural electrification
- Stay a few days in the beautiful coastal city of Cienfuego where you will meet with members of rural cooperatives, enjoy farm tours and visit a school incorporating environmental education
- Explore Trinidad, an intriguing 500-year old town and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the organopónico El Ranchon and Sanidad Vegetal's CONBIOL facility in Sancti Spiritus
- Take an eco-excursion of the island of Cayo Coco. A guided tour will cover topics of sustainable tourism and marine conservation on the island, while also giving time to enjoy the beaches or scuba amongst the massive coral reefs.
*Pricing: full pricing information can be found here.
*Logistics: to take a look at the detailed itinerary click here.
*Application: to book the trip, find the full application here.
The first 10 people to register by Monday, March 28 and who also contacts firstname.lastname@example.org with "JLH Media Promo/Cuba Culinary EcoArts Tour" in the subject line will receive $150 off the tour price.
What does EcoArts Tours do?
EcoArts Tours is a creator of experiences, providing customized tours and workshops that focus on arts and sustainability on a global level. These experiences include:
- Customized Tours – We create tours for special groups, corporate clients, families and honeymooners, as well as workshops and day-long tours for youth. The focus for each tour and program highlights a specific arts and sustainable element.
- The EcoRenaissance Project – This initiative invites artists to travel on an EcoArts Tour to learn from leaders and convey how their art form can make an impact on combating an environmental issue, while incorporating inspiration from local artists.
Exceptional Partnerships - EcoArts Tours has an ongoing partnership with Global Exchange, an organization with over 20 years of experience working for international human rights, social, environmental and economic justice. Formed in 2009, this alliance shares the value that the arts is many-faceted, and when used as an ecotourism product, not only helps preserve cultural traditions but is also a means of economic empowerment.
Our partnership with TeachAIDS™ allows us to help with HIV/AIDS awareness to local communities, tourists and sustainable tourism providers in our program regions. Although we do not presume to have the solution to climate change, we are climate conscious and are partnered with NativeEnergy, a climate solutions pioneer in the US carbon market.
For press inquiries or other questions, please contact:
Rosalyn Salters at rosalyn(at)ecoartstours(dot)org or call 415-680-3474