Lake Tahoe CA (Vocus/PRWEB) March 18, 2011
From spandex to black tie: set your sights on some of the world’s top cyclists for an elegant evening celebrating the overall start of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California, (http://www.TahoeAmgenTourofCalifornia.com) the largest cycling event in North America. Wine, dine and mingle during the Opening Gala and Official Team Introduction, Friday, May 13 at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa’s Theater in South Lake Tahoe.
The 2011 Amgen Tour of California will feature 19 elite teams, including:
- UCI (International Cycling Union) ProTeams: Sky ProCycling (GBR); Rabobank Cycling Team (NED); Team Garmin-Cervélo (USA); HTC-Highroad (USA); Team RadioShack (USA); Liquigas-Cannondale (ITA); Saxo Bank Sungard (DEN); Leopard Trek (LUX); BMC Racing Team (USA)
- UCI Professional Continental Teams: Team NetApp (GER); Team Type 1-sanofi aventis (USA); Team Spidertech Powered By C10 (CAN); UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling (USA)
- UCI Continental Teams: Movistar Team (COL); Jamis-Sutter Home (USA); Kelly Benefit Strategies – Optum Health (USA); Bissell Pro Cycling (USA); Jelly Belly p/b Kenda (USA) and Kenda/5-Hour Energy Pro Cycling p/b Geargrinder (USA)
As the Overall Start City for the 2011 Amgen Tour of California, Lake Tahoe will host an elegant evening featuring the introduction of all the participating teams and cyclists. Upon arrival at 6 p.m., piano music will be playing as guests mingle and bid on silent auction items, including signed team jerseys, sports memorabilia and attractive Lake Tahoe vacation packages. At 7 p.m. the main event begins with a four-course dinner featuring an entrée of Filet Mignon with a Red Wine Demi-Glace, Gorgonzola & Pine Nut Crusted Chilean Sea Bass, Roasted Shallot Mashed Potatoes and Blistered Asparagus. The event will be emceed by the race’s broadcast team who will introduce the teams and riders during dinner.
A percentage of each ticket sold will benefit Breakaway from Cancer®, an initiative dedicated to empowering patients with education, resources and hope. Breakaway from Cancer® represents a partnership between Amgen and its nonprofit partners: Prevent Cancer Foundation, Cancer Support Community (formerly The Wellness Community), Patient Advocate Foundation and National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship.
Individual Gala tickets are $300 and a table for 10 people is $2,500. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.TahoeAmgenTourofCalifornia.com.
Local sponsorship opportunities for the Amgen Tour of California include five levels ranging from the coveted Yellow Jersey at $25,000 to the White Jersey at $1,000. Higher level sponsorship amenities include tickets to the Opening Gala and Official Team Introductions; registration for the Lake Tahoe Legends Ride; access to VIP Hospitality, inclusion in big screen commercials, and social media and website exposure. For more information about sponsorship, visit http://www.TahoeAmgenTourofCalifornia.com or contact Michael Milthorpe: michaelmilthorpe(at)milthorpesports(dot)com, (386) 673-4377.
Local sponsors for the two Lake Tahoe Stages include: Korbel California Champagne, Tahoe Center for Orthopedics at Barton Health and Sacramento County Airport.
Primary local hotel supporters are: Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Hotel & Ski Resort, Harrah’s/Harveys, Horizon Casino Resort, MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, Northstar-at-Tahoe, The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe, Resort at Squaw Creek and The Village at Squaw.
For additional supporters visit: TahoeAmgenTourofCalifornia.com.
Area media supporters include: KRNV-TV - Reno’s NBC affiliate, KTHO radio, Lake Tahoe Action Magazine, Outside Television Lake Tahoe, Tahoe TV and Tahoe Quarterly.
The 2011 Amgen Tour of California will cover nearly 800 miles and visit 15 Host Cities for official stage starts and finishes, while other cities along the route also will have the opportunity to witness the excitement of elite professional cycling. Stages for the 2011 Amgen Tour of California include:
- Stage 1: Sunday, May 15 – South Lake Tahoe to North Lake Tahoe-Northstar at Tahoe Resort
- Stage 2: Monday, May 16 – North Lake Tahoe-Squaw Valley USA to Sacramento
- Stage 3: Tuesday, May 17 – Auburn to Modesto
- Stage 4: Wednesday, May 18 – Livermore to San Jose
- Stage 5: Thursday, May 19 – Seaside to Paso Robles
- Stage 6: Friday, May 20 – Solvang Individual Time Trial
- Stage 7: Saturday, May 21 – Claremont to Mt. Baldy
- Stage 8: Sunday, May 22 – Santa Clarita to Thousand Oaks
For best viewing points, where to catch the riders up close, a complete list of events (including the Tahoe 10-Day Countdown leading up to the race) and lodging accommodations, click to http://www.TahoeAmgenTourofCalifornia.com follow us on Twitter and Facebook. For details about the Tour and information about volunteering, visit http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.
The Amgen Tour of California Media Contacts:
- AEG: Michael Roth; 213-742-7155; mroth(at)aeg-la(dot)com
- GolinHarris: Erin Barrier; 213-438-8707; ebarrier(at)golinharris(dot)com
Lake Tahoe Sponsorship Contact:
- Les Pedersen, lpedersen(at)destinationhotels(dot)com,
- Michael Milthorpe, michaelmilthorpe(at)milthorpesports(dot)com, (386) 673-4377
Lake Tahoe Interview Contacts:
- Carol Chaplin, Executive Director, Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority: carol(at)ltva(dot)org, 775-588-5900 ext. 302, 775-790-5787 (cell)
- Andy Chapman, Tourism Director, North Lake Tahoe Resort Association: andy(at)puretahoenorth(dot)com, 530-581-8709, 530-448-9992 (cell)
Lake Tahoe Media Contacts:
- Phil Weidinger or Jenn Boyd, Weidinger Public Relations, 775-588-2412, 702-278-1932 (cell) jennifer(at)weidingerpr(dot)com
- Pettit Gilwee, Pettit Gilwee Public Relations, 530-525-1164, 530-412-2077 (cell), pettit(at)gilweepr(dot)com
About the Amgen Tour of California
The largest cycling event in America, the 2011 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race, presented by AEG, that challenges the world’s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course from May 15-22, 2011.
Amgen discovers, develops, manufactures and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe and effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives. To learn more about our pioneering science and vital medicines, visit http://www.amgen.com.
About Breakaway from Cancer
Founded in 2005 by Amgen as a complementary component to the company’s title sponsorship of the Amgen Tour of California, Breakaway from Cancer® is designed to help empower people affected by cancer. Breakaway from Cancer supports the services of four nonprofit organizations: Prevent Cancer Foundation, Cancer Support Community (formerly known as The Wellness Community), Patient Advocate Foundation and National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship. For more information, please visit http://www.breakawayfromcancer.com.
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, The Home Depot Center, Sprint Center, The O2, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and Times Square’s Best Buy Theater; Square; sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), two Major League Soccer franchises, two hockey franchises operated in Europe, management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers, the Bay to Breakers foot race and the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race; AEG LIVE, the organization’s live-entertainment division, is a collection of companies dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance, touring and a variety of programming and multi-media production. For more information, visit AEG today at http://www.aegworldwide.com.
About the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority
Set at 6,300’, South Lake Tahoe is the only destination in the country that combines two strikingly different worlds: spectacular natural beauty and desirable resort amenities. The combination of outdoor summer activities includes hiking, biking, kayaking, golfing, swimming, fishing and boat cruises along with 24-hour nightclubs, fine dining, gaming and entertainment. For information about lodging, recreation and family packages at Lake Tahoe South Shore, call the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority, 1-800-AT-TAHOE (1-800-288-2463) or log onto http://www.TahoeSouth.com.
North Lake Tahoe is a 45-minute drive from the Reno Tahoe International Airport, two hours from Sacramento International Airport and just over three hours from San Francisco International Airport. For lodging reservations, recreation and event details, call North Lake Tahoe at 1-877-949-3296 or visit http://www.GoTahoeNorth.com. Visitor information centers are located at 380 North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City and 969 Tahoe Boulevard in Incline Village. The North Lake Tahoe Visitors Bureaus, Incline Village Crystal Bay Visitors Bureau and the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, work together to promote North Lake Tahoe as a premier, year-round destination.