WinCan GIS provides the market’s deepest integration between map and inspection data. Now you can filter, report, browse media, track progress and create work orders—all through an intuitive map interface.
(Vocus/PRWEB) March 22, 2011
New WinCan GIS makes it easier than ever to manage water, stormwater and sewer infrastructure using GIS data. Now, simply click-and-drag or query a map to create entire WinCan projects with prepopulated section data; automatically create linked map elements from observations; dispatch inspection and rehab crews with unprecedented ease; and augment your GIS data with more infrastructure detail.
“These days, rudimentary map functionality is commonplace among pipe inspection software,” says George Brown, GISP, GIS Manager at Pipeline Analytics. “However, WinCan GIS is light-years ahead of that, providing the market’s deepest integration between map and inspection data. Now you can filter, report, browse media, track progress and create work orders—all through an intuitive map interface. On top of that, you can even use geo-located observations in your GIS business process.”
Among other functionality, WinCan GIS supports:
- Feature Extraction: Plot observations into your GIS as point features with links to videos and photos.
- Revision Detection: Highlight differences between your GIS and your WinCan data.
- Reporting/Exporting: Create reports and export data into Excel.
- Repair Strategies: Utilize observation data to create pipe-specific repair strategies.
- Data Review: Review WinCan data outside of WinCan.
- Mission Planning: Use your GIS to create subsets of data for pipes to be inspected.
WinCan GIS is an add-on module for WinCan V8 pipe inspection and asset management software. For more information, visit http://www.pipelineanalytics.com.