New York, NY (PRWEB) March 23, 2011
Worldwide Business Research, producers of the bi-annual eTail and Mobile Shopping conferences for e-commerce and m-commerce professionals in the retail business, surveyed their database of 4103 marketing professionals to uncover how brands are using the mobile channel. As the data has now been collected, the researchers at WBR are pleased to share the first wave of its findings.
Mobile strategy status:
- 28% boast established sophisticated mobile approaches
- 24% just launched mobile in 2010
- 20% are getting ready to launch mobile
- 28 % had no mobile strategy to speak of
- 40% of those surveyed found the channel benefited their businesses most in terms of consumer engagement
- 20% deemed reach as mobile’s greatest benefit
- 12% selected acquisition
- 8% chose loyalty
- 44% of surveyed professionals said they battle the ‘mobile web v. app’ issue
- 16% quoted Privacy/Security and lack of analytics as a major concern
- 12% identified fragmentation as a challenge
- 8% were bothered by the increased competition as more and more retailers went ‘mobile’
Plans for 2011:
- 40% of companies will be most focused on data analysis
- 20% on developing a tablet application
- 12% on augmented reality
- 4% on NFC technology
Besides questions to determine the status of mobile channel integration, the survey asked participants to share eureka moments with regards to initiating a mobile strategy. Shedding light on how consumers are now using their smartphones to make purchases, one participant commented:
"It's about solving consumer problems and/or adding value when the consumer is out with their phone. They don't need ‘full screen’ functionality, they need to ‘snack’ on information and be able to drill down as needed."
The complete results of this survey, including some interesting comments about “aha” moments, will be made available at the Mobile Shopping Spring conference - April 27-29, 2011; The Westin on Market Street, San Francisco, CA.
About Worldwide Business Research
WBR is the world's biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world's leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. The conference divisions consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events produced and the relationships nurtured with both delegates and sponsors. WBR is the producer and organizer of the TradeTech and eTail series of events.
# # #