"Training and education is the best line of defense for risk management professionals," said Richard J. Roberts, Jr., member, RIMS Board of Directors.
New York, NY (Vocus/PRWEB) March 24, 2011
Identity Theft 911, the nation’s premier identity management and data risk management services provider, will again offer Cyber Risk: Privacy and Data Security Risk Management at the RIMS Manhattan office and Monday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 5, 2011. This accredited course will offer proven measures to ensure your organization is protected from cyber fraud and the risks of financial loss, reputational damage and regulatory intervention.
Designed for risk professionals, IT, data and financial managers, as well as anyone who maintains data and information security for an organization, the workshop will educate attendees on the following:
- Costs and Challenges of Data Breach
- Litigation/Settlement Examples and Discussion of Leading Cases
- State Breach Notification Regulations and Current Security Regulations
- Compliance Plan Development
- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
- The Importance of Data Risk Information Security
- Responding to a Breach: Damage Assessment and Communications
- Cyber Risk and Privacy Insurance: Products, Coverage and Services Available
“We are excited to partner with RIMS once again to offer our cyber risk training,” said Matt Cullina, CEO, Identity Theft 911. “The success of our first workshop indicates the evolving risk management landscape and the demand for knowledge by risk management professionals.”
"The growing sophistication of cyber risk is one of the biggest and most realistic fears for businesses today," says Richard J. Roberts, Jr., member, RIMS Board of Directors. "Training and education is the best line of defense for risk management professionals."
Identity Theft 911 industry experts conducting the workshop include:
- David Speciale has held senior management positions throughout the U.S. with Allstate Insurance Company and served in Japan for 10 years as AIG’s vice president for South East Asia. After returning to the U.S., he was responsible for AIG’s international operations. A Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist, he writes and lectures extensively on identity theft and data security.
- Ondrej Krehel has more than a decade of network and computer security experience with expertise extending to investigations of intellectual property theft, massive deletions,
defragmentation, anti-money laundering and computer hacking. He led U.S. computer security projects at Stroz Friedberg and worked in IT security at Loews Corp.
- Brian McGinley has nearly 30 years of experience in risk management, security, loss management and compliance within financial institutions. He has held senior positions at Wachovia Corp. and Citigroup and has also served as board chairman of the Financial Services Roundtable/BITS Identity Theft Assistance Center.
- Eduard Goodman is an internationally trained attorney and privacy expert with more than a decade of experience in privacy law, fraud and identity management. He is a member of the state bar of Arizona and served as the 2008-2009 section chair of the bar’s Internet, E-Commerce & Technology Law Practice Section.
To learn more or register for the Cyber Risk workshop, please visit http://ow.ly/4hupU. To receive $50 off registration, please sign up before April 1, 2011 using the promo code: CYBEROFFER.
If you would like to attend this type of Cyber Risk workshop in your city and state, contact RIMS at (212) 286-9292.
About Identity Theft 911
Identity Theft 911 is the nation’s premier identity theft and data breach management, resolution and education service. The company serves 13 million households across the country and provides fraud solutions for a range of organizations—including Fortune 500 companies, the country’s largest insurance companies, corporate benefit providers, banks and credit unions and membership organizations. Since 2005, the company has helped more than 150,000 businesses deal with data breaches. For more information, visit http://www.idt911.com.
About the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
As the world’s preeminent organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS) is a not-for-profit organization serving more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities globally. Founded in 1950, RIMS focuses its efforts on bringing networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of more than 10,000 risk management professionals. RIMS publishes Risk Management magazine, delivered monthly to 17,000 readers, and hosts an annual conference that boasts more than 400 exhibitors and attracts more than 10,000 attendees. For more information on RIMS, visit http://www.RIMS.org.