WritePad's input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application.
(Vocus/PRWEB) March 24, 2011
PhatWare Corporation announces today the new major version update of WritePad for Android, enabling vastly improved text input in the user's own handwriting with a stylus or even a finger. WritePad 2.0 offers handwriting recognition in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish.
WritePad's input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad 2.0 has been optimized for the best performance on a variety of Android Tables and Phones, including Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola XOOM, HTC Inspire, and others.
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app’s inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user's style of writing.
Key WritePad features include:
- Reliable handwriting recognition in English, German, French, and Spanish languages.
Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with auto-complete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- Four basic recognition modes: cursive/mixed or print for general text entry; Numeric for entering numbers and phone numbers; and Internet for entering email addresses and URLs.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 2.0 is available now and is sold through Android Market and other authorized resellers and is priced at $9.99. A free 24 hours trial version of WritePad is also available and can be downloaded from PhatWare web site. For more information about WritePad for Android, visit http://www.phatware.com/android.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit http://www.phatware.com.
# # #