Sulphur Springs, TX (PRWEB) April 13, 2011
Hundreds of hospitals worldwide have eliminated the financial, productivity and environmental costs of managing paper forms with Access Enterprise Forms Management (EFM). To help deliver even greater efficiency, Access has redeveloped its e-Signature product to offer greater functionality, simplicity and ease of administration.
With Access e-Signature, patients securely authorize electronic forms (e-forms) using an LCD signature pad, tablet PC or e-clipboard. When used in conjunction with Access Image Portal, which sends forms directly into the enterprise content/document management (ECM/EDM) system and auto-indexes them, Access e-Signature enables facilities to transform paper-heavy patient registration and bedside consent processes into paperless workflows.
“We re-architected Access e-Signature to create the most user-friendly, easy to administrate product of its kind on the market,” said Tim Elliott, Access founder and CEO. “Whether hospitals select e-Signature as part of the Access EFM suite or as a standalone module, it will greatly improve their electronic forms management initiative.”
Benefits of the forthcoming Access e-Signature v.7 include:
- Server-based application, for even easier central administration
- Ability to accept annotations, highlighting and comments on tablet PCs and to add text to LCD signature pads to match the forms being signed
- Expanded functionality to enable continuity if the patient review/signature process is interrupted
- Server-based storage and retrieval of completed documents for those customers who do not yet have an enterprise content/document management (ECM/EDM) system
- New security architecture provides distinct storage locations for biometric documents, captured images and signature documents for ease of retrieval for internal use, audits and e-Discovery
- Enhanced compliance with FTC Red Flag process and ARRA EHR Meaningful Use requirements
- Ability to define specific indexing and unique parameters on a per document basis - enabling native porting of electronic documents into multiple ECM/EDM systems
- Proprietary signature engine that is non-dependent on third party applications
- New user interface that leverages Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to create a unique, personalized and streamlined user experience
- Enhanced security capture model built on the latest .Net platform
Access is the world’s leading electronic forms (e-forms) management, automation and workflow software provider. Our solutions transform any paper-intensive forms process into a paperless, collaborative workflow. Hundreds of hospitals worldwide are using Access solutions to improve patient care and safety, cut costs and enhance electronic health records (EHR), patient safety and downtime planning initiatives. Learn more at http://www.accessefm.com