San Jose, CA (PRWEB) April 12, 2011
SysWatch Personal is designed to work alongside signature-based security software to ensure that computers can operate in a continuous known-good state. It does this by automatically allowing known, trusted applications to run while using a variety of innovative technologies to prevent any other application – including any form of malware – from launching. Because the software does not need to identify individual threats in order to block them, it doesn’t rely on signature updates to ensure system security in the way traditional antivirus software does, so it doesn’t sap system performance with resource-intensive scanning activities.
Once users have created their system profile and named their trusted applications, SysWatch automatically detects and prevents unknown code (which all malware is) from executing on that PC, protecting the entire system. SysWatch protects computers proactively by controlling how applications behave. Users don’t actually need to run a traditional antivirus program as well as SysWatch, but may feel more comfortable doing so until they have gained full trust in the SysWatch approach to computer security. SysWatch is fully compatible with all popular antivirus programs.
New and improved features of SysWatch Personal 3.6 include:
- Dynamic integrity controls process updates of existing trusted applications automatically
- Application launch control blocks malicious activity without the need for signature updates or the timely application of software patches
- Customizable application activity control over how different applications can access files and folders, USB drives, registry keys, external devices, and network resources
- Dynamic sandbox automatically launches unknown or potentially dangerous applications in an isolated area of the PC, so they cannot affect other processes or the system itself
- Automatic incident processing blocks malicious application activity, enabling you to adjust your security levels as needed
- Self-protection system prevents SysWatch from being disabled by malicious software. System changes and uninstallation are password-protected, so only the user can change or uninstall SysWatch.
- Application activity history and shadow copies of changed or deleted files provide the ability to roll back unwanted changes.
SafenSoft Personal is available from Dell Online, Tiger Direct, and other online outlets. Trial versions may be freely downloaded from the company’s website at http://www.safensoft.com.
SafenSoft was founded in 2006 in Moscow, Russia by a team of computer security veterans, and the company’s board of directors is led by Victor Kousnetsov, a former senior development executive with McAfee. SafenSoft solutions include TPSecure for ATMs and other unattended devices, SysWatch for enterprises, and SafenSec for home users. The company Retains development offices in Moscow, Russia, and business offices in Silicon Valley, California, and is funded by Troika Dialog. Learn more about SafenSoft at http://www.safensoft.com