One year later, Real Women Talking is a "go-to" site for women for their questions about how to live in today's high-pressured world, for ventilation, validation and much needed support.
New York, New York (Vocus/PRWEB) April 14, 2011
Real Women Talking marks the one year anniversary of the launch of its website. After years of talking to real women nationwide via women’s conferences, focus groups, speaking engagements, as well as on the side-lines of the soccer fields, school pick-ups and drop-offs and in their offices, co-founders Shari Berman and Jennifer Finkelstein launched Real Women Talking, a website and online community on April 14, 2010, to make the “real talk” available 24/7. One year later, Real Women Talking is a “go-to” site for women for their questions about how to live in today’s high-pressured world, for ventilation, validation and much needed support.
The site has received thousands of hits from all fifty states, including from women who are single, engaged, happily married, as well as those separated or divorced, with and without children. With regard to mothers, according to Berman and Finkelstein “We heard from stay-at-home moms whose calendars are triple booked and still manage to keep up with their homes, spouses/partners and children. And we heard from women who work outside the home full-time, part-time or flex-time in a host of fields: from law to medicine, teaching to finance, fashion to realty.” The site continues to add new features, including the newly launched “Focus on a Real Woman Talking”.
“We are so thankful to all who have helped us grow and improve in our first year. We have received and implemented many suggestions so that Real Women Talking continues to live up to our mission of helping women process their own needs in relation to others, and empower women to feel good about their feelings, thoughts and choices,” offered Berman and Finkelstein. They added: “for only by encouraging women to be candid about the real way we live our lives, can we begin to engage in the self-care desperately needed to better balance our lives.” Real Women Talking can be contacted, and additional information can be requested via the “Contact Us” page.
Real Women Talking website features:
- Quotes taken from the lips of real women on a host of topics from marriage to motherhood, being a woman today to balance.
- “Focus on a Real Woman Talking” in which the co-founders share a Q&A interview with a real woman, so women nationwide can hear what other women are saying about the issues so many think about.
- Women can add their voice to the ongoing Real Women Talking dialogue or nominate a real woman to possibly be featured in an Upcoming “Focus on a Real Woman Talking” Q&A interview by visiting http://www.realwomentalkingnow.com/nominate.html.
- Free e-cards women can use to send words of wisdom and encouragement to friends and family for birthdays, anniversaries, support, holidays, etc.
- An opportunity for women to add their voice by participating in on-going questionnaires, one on motherhood, and one on marriage, as well as a question of the month.
- Blogs on modern womanhood.
- Community to offer busy and often exhausted women a safe place to vent and share wisdom with other real women talking about the issues at the core of today’s women.
One year later, Real Women Talking has provided a site filled with honesty, candor and aha-moments. According to Berman and Finkelstein “women who have interacted with our site have told us that they found therapeutic value in contributing to our growing chorus. If our first year is any indication, we anticipate the next year being full of meaningful discourse with real women from all across the nation and beyond, while continuing to offer resonance, validation and hope.”
Women can add their voice to the ongoing Real Women Talking dialogue and possibly be featured for a future interview by visiting http://www.realwomentalkingnow.com.
About Real Women Talking
What started out as a simple conversation between friends about motherhood today, Real Women Talking spun into a website and soon-to-be book series leading a rich nationwide chorus about the ways in which countless women are living, talking and trying to exhale today. Real Women Talking aims to engage women in some serious water cooler talk, book club talk and everyday conversations about life “choices,” work/life balance, self-care and other issues causing women an existential and everyday guilt. To add your voice to our book on the real deal of motherhood, or our book on the real deal of marriage, visit Real Women Talking and answer the questionnaire on motherhood, or marriage, “like” us on Facebook (Real Women Talking) and “follow” us on Twitter (@RealWomenTalk).