. “All of our fabrics and fillings, made from pure British wool and are treated to help prevent mould and maintain vibrancy,”
Suffolk, UK (Vocus/PRWEB) 1 April 2011
Following an overwhelming response to Suffolk-based Oily Rag Fabric’s patent pending invention of stylish waterproof outdoor cushions and tablecloths, the company has introduced even more exciting Oily Rag® products to spruce up the garden whatever the weather.
The brainchild of former city financier turned homeware designer Julia Hunter, Oily Rag® hit the headlines in 2010 after launching the UK’s first weatherproof outdoor cushions and tablecloths.
“The response to our range of cushions and tablecloths has been overwhelming,” said Julia, who picked up the award for Best Business Start Up at the Lowestoft and Waveney Chamber of Commerce Business Awards in December 2010. “Everyone loved the whole concept and we have already extended to range to include really cool bunting, doorstops and bags to our product line as well as three new pattern designs.”
Hot flower, cool flower and aubergine spotty are the new retro designs of Oily Rag’s range of oilcloth fabrics, which also include rosebuds, spots, stripes and beach huts.
“We’ve already had a chance to display some bunting at the Suffolk and Norfolk Shows and everyone loved it,” said Julia. “It’s great for tree houses and garden rooms and can be left out all summer.”
Oily Rag® bunting is available from just £30 for five metres of rope and ten pendants, attached through nickel coated brass eyelets which allow you to slide them as far apart as you like. The synthetic hemp rope is used in the boating industry so like the fabric it’s very strong, durable and won’t mould.
Currently shortlisted for Housewares Magazine’s ‘Product of the Year 2011’ award, the exceptional quality of Oily Rag® products hasn’t gone unnoticed. “All of our fabrics and fillings, made from pure British wool and are treated to help prevent mould and maintain vibrancy,” said Julia. “Oily Rag® products are truly unique; we’ve had a great first year and to have achieved interest from major chains is an absolute honour.”
For more information, call Oily Rag® on 01379 871948 or visit the website http://www.oilyragfabrics.com
For all media enquiries please contact Julia Hunter on 01379 871948 or 07907 903716, email press(at)oilyragfabrics(dot)com or visit the website http://www.oilyragfabrics.com.
About Oily Rag®
- All Oily Rag® fabrics have been treated with a specially devised and secret fungicide formula to prevent any mould or mildew growing on the fabric. This means that unlike other traditional oilcloth mould will struggle to grow on the underside of the cloth. That means any Oily Rag® fabric can be left outside throughout the British summer to get wet, wet, wet - without any worries.
- Oily Rag® cushions have a unique zip design system so that water can’t penetrate the fabric or the seams: a truly outdoor weatherproof cushion, with a second design phase to be launched in April 2011
- Oily Rag® products support British Industry and are licensed members of the British Wool Marketing Board
- The Oily Rag® unique process of design and manufacture is currently Patent pending no: GB1003873.5
- Every Oily Rag® cushion is filled with Quality Assured British Wool from British Sheep
- Mum-of-three Julia exchanged her city life as a London financier to raise her three children in an idyllic farmhouse near Eye, Suffolk, before becoming a homeware designer and founding award-winning business Oily Rag®
- Julia Hunter is happy to supply high-resolution images and is available for interview