Denver, CO (Vocus/PRWEB) April 01, 2011
Arc Thrift Stores has kicked off the 11th annual “Feed Colorado” food drive. Last year Arc Thrift Stores collected and donated 130 tons of food to Volunteers of America’s (VOA) City Harvest Food Bank. “As Arc Thrift Stores team members make their usual calls for donations of clothing and household items, they remind donors that they can also donate food. With this simple suggestion, over 65,000 households participated in the drive in 2010,” stated Lloyd Lewis President/CEO of Arc Thrift Stores. “This donation is the single largest donation of food received by Volunteers of America and a great example of one nonprofit helping another.”
WHO: VOA distributes the food to over 75 local food banks and shelters in Colorado.
WHAT: Items needed include non-perishable food such as rice, beans, pasta, peanut butter, canned goods (veggies and fruit), soup, cereal and juice.
WHEN: April 1 – April 30, 2011
WHY: Feed Colorado helps the more that 15% of households in Colorado who are currently food insecure.
HOW: There are two easy ways to donate. Visit http://www.ArcFeedColorado.com for location addresses and a list of all phone numbers.
1. Arc Thrift Store’s telemarketing call center: Call 303-283-JANE (inside the Denver-metro area) or 1-800-283-2721 (outside of the Denver-metro area) for a free pick-up.
2. Papa John’s Pizza: Upon delivery of an order and pick-up a food donation of two or more food items, customers will receive a coupon for free garlic parmesan breadsticks with the next order of a large or X-large pizza.
1. KMGH Television – 123 East Speer Boulevard, Denver, CO 80203.
2. Arc Thrift Stores – Please see Feed Colorado website for 19 locations.
2. Big O Tires –Please see Feed Colorado website for 33 locations.
3. Papa John’s Pizza – Please see Feed Colorado website for 43 locations.
4. Steve Casey’s Four Seasons RV – Please see Feed Colorado website for 2 locations.
5. Belfor Restoration – 5085 Kalamath Street, Denver, CO 80221.
6. TCF Bank – Please see Feed Colorado website for 36 locations.
7. The Crazy Merchant – 1700 W. Belleview, Littleton, CO 80120.
About arc Thrift Stores: Arc Thrift Stores http://www.arcthrift.org operates 19 thrift stores throughout Colorado and provides funding to Arc Chapters, which in turn provide advocacy for people with developmental disabilities. Arc Thrift Stores is one of the largest employers of individuals with developmental disabilities in the state of Colorado.
About VOA: Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization that is dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential. In Colorado, the Volunteers of America administers 30 different human service programs in addition to subsidized housing and health care. The Volunteers of America Colorado Branch helped over 200,000 individuals during 2010 including the frail elderly, at-risk youth, victims of domestic violence and homeless individuals and families. To learn more about the Volunteers of America, visit http://www.voacolorado.org.