Recent survey results question traditional strategic thinking that mandates reps to sell more by managing more prospects in their pipelines. Here’s a hint: ‘less is more.’
Wilton, CT (Vocus/PRWEB) April 04, 2011
SiriusDecisions announced today the release of its webcast preview of high-impact b-to-b sales and marketing trends, which the company will cover in depth at its upcoming Summit. During the webcast, several of the top analysts scheduled to lead Summit segments provided a concise summary of key trends impacting sales and marketing practitioners in their respective areas of expertise.
“Despite the fact that we had so much ground to cover, our goal was to make the webcast a valuable and informative event in its own right,” says Tony Jaros, SiriusDecisions’ senior vice president of research, who moderated the webcast. “So we decided to provide a quick synopsis of each core topic area, explaining why it made the cut for the Summit, and the impact on both marketing and sales leaders.”
The topics covered by the Summit webcast preview include:
- Lead Nurturing, the Sirius Way. Nurturing has become increasingly critical to b-to-b organizations, because leads are often not ready for sales attention. Notes Mr. Jaros: “At the Summit, we will share a model that pinpoints a complete approach to nurturing, as well as a series of nurturing best practices.”
- A Next-Generation Model for Product Management and Marketing. A true game-changer, this new model developed by SiriusDecisions Service Director Marisa Kopec is a best-in-class framework to align product management, product marketing and sales as never before when bringing a new offering to market.
- A Move Toward Sales Quality: The SiriusDecisions Pipeline/Forecast Study. Recent survey results question traditional strategic thinking that mandates reps to sell more by managing more prospects in their pipelines. Here’s a hint: “less is more.”
- Content: The Heart of Effective Demand Creation. Content is king. In fact, Service Director Jay Gaines said: “I’ve found that a primary challenge my clients face is a lack of content, or not having the right content.” This Summit presentation will provide the roadmap to create content that satisfies the needs of buyers and the salesforce.
- B-to-B Marketing Technology: Blessing, Curse or a Bit of Both? During the webcast, Service Director Megan Heuer observed, “This Summit presentation will share the truth about b-to-b marketing technology: who’s buying what, what they’re getting for their investment, what’s working, what’s not and the importance of purchasing the right technology.”
- Events: Big Dollars, Big Problems. Typically, b-to-b organizations spend up to 30 percent of their marketing program budget on various types of events. Unfortunately, SiriusDecisions has found both strategy and measurement to be lacking. This Summit presentation will provide answers that event marketers need now.
- Marketing Investment: Driving Greater Alignment and Accountability. What market forces will impact marketers over the next five years? How must marketing planning and investment change? What role will technology play? These and other key questions for b-to-b organizations will be answered at the Summit.
In addition to presentation overviews, the webcast also previewed format changes to the industry-leading Summit event, which attracts executives from hundreds of leading b-to-b companies every year. For the first time, three breakout tracks will be offered:
- Social Media. “A key topic in this breakout will be social operations,” noted SiriusDecisions vice president and service director Jonathan Block: “Social operations is a blueprint for social marketing success — a balanced way to create strategy, train staff, leverage resources and execute using best practices, without threatening the freedom that makes social channels what they are.”
- Sales Enablement. Previewing this breakout track, Joe Galvin, vice president and service director, observed that "Sales enablement has evolved to something more than just content management. The alignment of tool development, synchronization of sales and marketing programs, and creation of a collaborative environment will elevate sales productivity to the next level for leading sales organizations.”
- Online Marketing. Drilling down into the latest do’s and don’ts for the third breakout track, Jay Gaines will share his expertise in why online marketers must evolve their focus from tactical to highly strategic.
The webcast also discussed the return of such popular Summit components as the pre-conference workshop (to get newcomers quickly up-to-speed on terminology and core models); guest presentations from senior-level sales and marketing leaders (this year’s speakers will represent F5, Hexaware, Iron Mountain, Kronos Incorporated and a global financial services company); and a vendor showcase.
To access this recorded Summit Preview webcast, or for more information about the 2011 Summit, contact Rebecca Barber at rbarber(at)siriusdecisions(dot)com.
SiriusDecisions is the world's leading source for business-to-business sales and marketing best-practice research and data. SiriusDecisions Executive Advisory Services, Consulting Services, Benchmark Assessment Services, Learning and Events provide senior-level executives with the sales and marketing operational intelligence required to maximize top-line growth and performance. The unique combination of thought leadership, benchmark data, analytic tools, best practices and access to a peer and analyst network allow SiriusDecisions clients to quickly receive the critical insight they need to make decisions effectively. For more information about SiriusDecisions, visit: http://www.siriusdecisions.com.
# # #