Columbia, SC (Vocus/PRWEB) April 05, 2011
Unitrends, the leading provider in integrated and scalable backup solutions, today announced its launch of Release 6, now available. Release 6 adds new enhancements that will provide smaller backup windows, faster recoveries and improvements to key features of Unitrends products.
As with all new Unitrends releases, the upgrade is free to all Unitrends users.
Release 6 features the following:
- Continuous Data Protection with a Recovery Point Objective (RPO) of 15 Minutes
- Incremental Forever and Automatic Synthetic Creation with No Recovery Time Objective (RTO) Impact
- Enhanced Block-Level Adaptive Deduplication
- Rotational Archiving to SAN and NAS
- Enhanced Bare Metal Backup for MAC OS
- Enhanced Bare Metal Backup for Solaris
- VMware Image-Based File-Level Recovery for Linux
- Point in Time Restore Across All Backup Types
“We are excited to introduce new enhancements to our products to stay on the edge of backup and recovery.” Sameer Kamat, director of development, Unitrends, said. “And we’re particularly proud to be able to offer this to our existing and new customers under our No Limits™ licensing policy – which means that there’s no ‘backup tax’ for those customers who wish to utilize every feature and functionality without incurring additional fees.”
Unitrends enables its customers the freedom to focus on their business instead of backup. The company achieves this through scalable, all-in-one backup solutions that no other data protection vendor can provide. Unitrends integrated backup appliance simply protects businesses’ IT infrastructures at the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. More companies every day join those who have discovered the customer-obsessed, enterprise-level data protection only Unitrends can offer.
Information about Unitrends can be found at http://www.unitrends.com. A VMware-based and Hyper-V-based virtual appliance free trial are available for download.