New York, NY (PRWEB) April 06, 2011
Buddy Media, the Facebook management system of choice for eight of the top ten global advertisers, today announced the release of a comprehensive research paper, “Strategies For Effective Facebook Wall Posts: A Statistical Review.” The new research paper serves as the de-facto guide for brands and agencies looking to follow best practices, backed by data, when posting to their Facebook Pages.
The research was compiled by analyzing all Facebook Wall posts from the Buddy Media Platform by a sample size of more than 200 clients during a two week period: January 30, 2011 - February 12, 2011. “Likes” and comments made to these posts were also analyzed.
This sample size represents the world’s largest brands in the entertainment, media, retail, automotive, business and finance, fashion, food and beverage, healthcare and beauty and travel and hospitality industries.
Three primary success metrics were reviewed in relation to Wall Posts:
- Comment Rate: number of comments as a percentage of fan base
- “Like” Rate: number of “likes” as a percentage of fan base
- Engagement Rate: a combination of the above factoring in fan base size
Key takeaways from the research include:
- Post Length: On average, posts between one and 80 characters had a 27% higher engagement rate than posts with more than 80 characters, yet accounted for only 19% of all posts.
- URL Shorteners: Engagement rates are three times higher for posts that used a full-length URL, rather than a URL shortener.
- Post Timing (Hour): Brands that posted outside of normal business hours had 20% higher engagement rates on their posts.
- Post Timing (Day): Engagement rates on Thursday and Friday are 18% higher than other days of the week.
- Keywords: Avoid the hard sell. “Events” and “winning” were the keywords associated with promotions that had the highest engagement, while “buy,” and “shop” had low engagement.
“Brands and agencies are always looking to communicate more effectively with their fans on Facebook, and we have the tools and research to help them do just that. While marketers may work Monday through Friday, Facebook is humming with activity 24-hours a day, seven days a week,” said Buddy Media CEO Michael Lazerow. “The Buddy Media Platform makes it simple for marketers to manage their Facebook presence anytime, anyplace and anywhere, and gives us the ability to surface data that reveals these best practices for all of our clients.”
Additional data can be found on the Buddy Media blog:
The full report can be downloaded for free via the Buddy Media website: http://forms.buddymedia.com/whitepaper-form_review-strategies-for-effective-facebook-wall-posts.html
About Buddy Media
The Buddy Media Platform is the Facebook management system of choice for eight out of the ten top global advertisers. With its scalable, secure architecture and straightforward administrative tools, it is the only solution that allows brands to launch, maintain and measure their Facebook presence in any country and in any language. Buddy Media shares four investors with Facebook and was one of the first companies selected by Facebook as a preferred developer partner. The company is backed by WPP, Softbank Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, GGVC, Greycroft Partners, Facebook investor Ron Conway, Facebook board member Peter Thiel, Zynga founder and CEO Mark Pincus, Roger Ehrenberg, and others. For more information, visit http://www.buddymedia.com.
# # #