Washington, DC (Vocus/PRWEB) April 11, 2011
Later this month, WPL Publishing will sponsor a webinar examining a slew of timely issues involving construction scheduling and Primavera P6.
Soft market, cloud computing, Primavera’s future, scheduling best practices -- these and other issues are increasingly frequent topics of discussion and concern for contractors, owners, construction managers, and consultants wrestling with decisions about how to plan their scheduling resources. These discussions have escalated recently as major changes in the leading construction project management scheduling program are forcing users to rethink how they interact and use the programs. The upcoming webinar, entitled “Primavera Scheduling at the Crossroads,” will address these issues and more. To register for the 90-minute event, scheduled for Thursday, April 21, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. (EDT), visit http://tinyurl.com/6cvpees.
During the webinar, a panel of four experts will address the following issues:
- Which P6 - Migrate to v7 or v8?
- Can P6 be used collaboratively by multiple contractors? With different resources?
- Is scheduling still relevant? Have schedule mechanics overshadowed scheduling?
- Does P6 provide adequate tools for multiple input from field and job personnel?
- How to find or train good schedulers.
- Should the project manager do the scheduling?
- Are owners under-expecting, overreaching, or totally oblivious?
- Scheduling specs and software capabilities -- roadblocks to productive scheduling?
Experts addressing webinar attendees will include Doug Findley, a senior project management consultant; Ken Aupperle, senior vice president and consultant for High Bridge Associates; Jaime Crate, senior account executive for Evans Technology; and Ron Winter, president of Schedule Analyzer Software.
Following their presentations, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/6cvpees.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. produces three construction newsletters: Construction Claims Advisor (http://www.constructionclaims.com), Green Building Insider (http://www.greenbuildinginsider.com), and Construction Advisor Today (http://www.constructionadvisortoday.com). The company also hosts webinar series on topics relevant to the construction industry. WPL is on Twitter at CAT_Online.