It makes perfect sense for caravanners to bring their vans with them rather than stay in a hotel; it's what they love and it is far more economical than a hotel.
(Vocus/PRWEB) April 13, 2011
The site will be called 'The Caravan Club Chigwell Temporary Site' and is close to Central Line tube stations (which means easy/direct access to the main locations at Stratford - less than 15 minutes - and also provides easy access to other venues across London and in Essex). This landmark sporting event will be a leading tourist draw and we recommend early booking to ensure your pitch. Whether you own a second hand caravan or plan to have a brand, spanking new model in 2012 this will be an ideal accommodation base for the duration of the Games.
The Caravan Club Chigwell Temporary Site will cater for around 1,300 outfits per night throughout the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games and will be open from 25 July 2012 to 11 September 2012.
The site will be on Old Farm in Chigwell, a place which has poignant provenance in the athletic world as it was the childhood home of Sally Gunnell OBE, Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth Champion. Sally's hurdles training took place over the hay bales at Old Farm - which turned out to be a champion-making training regime!
Lawrence Bate, Director of Marketing at The Caravan Club, says, "We are thrilled to be able to offer this temporary site to caravanners, and we are even more delighted that we are able to offer this facility for both the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Caravan Club Chigwell Temporary Site will be open from 25 July to 11 September, and this means that it will attract not only Club members interested in seeing the events, but also for general use in promoting tourism to London at this exciting time."
Sally Gunnell OBE says, "I'm delighted The Caravan Club is operating a temporary site for the duration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games on the site of my childhood home and training ground! Old Farm holds many happy memories for me and I am so glad I can share this with my fellow caravanners."
Website bookings for The Caravan Club Chigwell Temporary Site will be available from 5 May 2011 and telephone bookings from 13 June 2011. Site fees are £30 per night with electric hook-up, or £25 per night without electric hook-up. This is a pitch fee and there is no extra fee payable per person.
Len Short, Events Manager for The Caravan Club, says, "The Caravan Club is Europe's premier touring organisation and it is only natural that we use our experience of organising and providing temporary pop up sites to provide a perfect accommodation solution for visitors to London in 2012. It makes perfect sense for caravanners to bring their vans with them rather than stay in a hotel; it's what they love and it is far more economical than a hotel."
The Caravan Club Chigwell Temporary Site Facilities and Terms and Conditions
- Easy access via M25 motorway and route signs to site
- Green field site (no hardstanding pitches) with far reaching views into central London
- Open to all outfit types but no tents
- Maximum of 1,300 pitches - 1,000 Electric Hook-Up (EHU) and 300 non EHU
- Provision for Blue Badge areas in both EHU and non EHU
- Pitches available from 12 noon
- Pitches to be vacated by 10am on day of departure
- EHU pitches provide a maximum of 6 amps
- Fresh water will be available
- Black, grey and dry waste disposal available
- Own sanitation essential as there are limited toilet facilities and no showers
- Minimum 2 nights' stay, no maximum but website will only accept a maximum of 30 days
- Cancellation charges of £30 or £25 (the cost of one pitch night) up to two weeks prior to arrival day. All vehicle passes received would need to be returned before the refund is issued
- Cancellations received less than two weeks prior to arrival date will not be refunded
- Dogs are allowed provided they are kept on a lead at all times and should not be left unattended
- Bar and Fast Food outlets
- Food Hall
- Caravan Hire
- Calor Gas sales
- Big screens
- Free coach transfers to and from local Central Line tube station to Stratford area within 15 minutes
- Guest appearance by Sally Gunnell OBE - dates to be confirmed