San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) April 13, 2011
This year, the market may see more than one million mobile apps across the Apple, Android, Blackberry, HP and Microsoft stores, with Android alone seeing six times growth in 2010.* Fast and easy creation of apps that run on multiple devices and platforms is critical for developer success, and how to go from concept to commerce is on the slate at the annual RunRevLive developer conference in San Jose, Calif., April 26-29. Forrester Research Senior Analyst Mike Gualtieri will keynote the event by introducing the “Three Megatrends Shaping Your Future in Application Development,” and technology industry visionaries Mike Markkula, early CEO and investor in Apple; Robert Cailliau, co-developer of the Web; and Bill Atkinson, HyperCard creator, will be on hand to discuss these trends and LiveCode development at the four-day event.
RunRevLive.11 will introduce attendees to both the LiveCode cross-platform development environment and also opportunities for livening development for mobile success. Attendees will…
- Learn how to design great software for mobile, desktop and Web platforms and devices
- Build an iOS and Android app from concept to commerce using LiveCode
- Learn how to create mobile apps for the cloud
- Understand the importance of both development and design
- Write apps once that can be deployed everywhere
- Understand and utilize native APIs
- Create a cross-device iOS and Android app in one day that is ready for App Store;
- Forrester keynote on “Three Megatrends Shaping Your Future in Software Development,” Wednesday, April 27, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Non-conference-attendees and the media can join for free with keynote registration;
- VIP reception for all keynote attendees to meet Gualtieri, Markkula, Cailliau and Atkinson;
- Additional Forrester presentation on “The Seven Qualities of Wildly Desirable Software;”
- Robert Cailliau presentation on the various ways he uses LiveCode for fast and easy software creation today.
Hosted by RunRev and in its 5th year, RunRevLive blends LiveCode development techniques and tutorials with industry trends and research to benefit all developers. This year’s event will feature new LiveCode deployment packs that ensure incredibly fast cross-device development across all major computing platforms—with particular focus on the mobile device. Past years have been sold out, and the same is expected for 2011.
The event will be held at the stunning Hayes Mansion in San Jose, Calif., Tuesday-Friday, April 26-29, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with a Wednesday evening keynote at 6:30 followed by a reception. Attendees can register by emailing support(at)runrev(dot)com. More information and registration details are online at http://www.runrevlive.com.
About RunRev Ltd.
RunRev enables the fastest path to better app creation through its LiveCode software development environment. LiveCode empowers developers to create apps from one code base that run on every major device and platform—mobile, web, desktop and server. Using a compile-free coding environment, LiveCode produces apps in a fraction of the time as other development environments, and uses an English-like programming language to ensure more time is spent writing code than reading it. LiveCode appeals to both new and professional programmers, IT and enterprise developers, educators and individuals who want a robust yet flexible path to cross-platform apps. For more information, please visit http://www.runrev.com.