Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 20, 2011
EC-Council’s new Center for Advanced Security Training (CAST) will make its official debut at TakeDownCon Dallas, May 15-17. TakeDownCon is a new technical IT security conference series developed by EC-Council.
CAST was developed to provide highly technical, advanced security training to information security professionals – in order to address the rapid evolution of new threats, vulnerabilities and exploits. EC-Council designed CAST to be specialized, current and domain-specific, to ensure that professionals are proficient and up to date on the latest threats.
Those who undergo CAST training will:
- Acquire advanced security knowledge through highly technical, hands-on training
- Learn proven advanced security techniques and strategies from industry practitioners
- Combat real-world attack and defense scenarios through well-designed, intensive labs
CAST training programs currently cover such topics as:
- Advanced Penetration Testing – learn how to hack patched and hardened operating systems, networks, and applications.
- Digital Mobile Forensics – learn how to recover digital forensic evidence from a mobile device.
- Advanced Application Security – learn how to harden applications from within through defensive programming.
- Advanced Network Defense – learn how to defend networks by taking on the offensive mindset of a hacker.
- Cryptography – learn how cryptographic protocols and cryptanalysis techniques work.
CAST training officially launches in the US the week of May 15th, at TakeDownCon Dallas, the EC-Council’s new technical IT security conference series. For more information, visit http://www.TakeDownCon.com or http://www.ECCouncil.org.
TakeDownCon is a new technical IT security conference series that provides advanced, highly technical research, presentations, and training to accomplished information security professionals. Developed by EC-Council, it debuts in 2011 with two conferences in Dallas and Las Vegas. TakeDownCon focuses on technical research in cutting-edge exploits and vulnerabilities and also provides EC-Council certification training, including the renowned Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program (a recently accepted certification of DOD Directive 8570.01M Change 2). Website: http://www.takedown.com.
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member–based organization that certified individual in various e-business and security skills. It is the owner and developer of the world famous Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) course, Computer Hacking Forensics (CHFI) program, License Penetration Tester (LPT) program and various other programs offered in over 60 countries around the glove. EC-Council has trained over 80,000 individuals and certified more than 30,000 security professionals. These certifications are recognized worldwide and have received endorsements from various government agencies including the U.S. federal government, National Security Agency (NSA), Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), Army, FBI, Microsoft, and CERTs (Computer Emergency Response Team) of various nations. The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) included the CEH program into its Directive 8570, making it one of the mandatory standards to be achieved by Computer Network Defenders Service Providers (CND-SP). Website: http://www.eccouncil.org