Irvine, CA (PRWEB) April 20, 2011
2d3 Sensing, a leading provider of vision science solutions for industrial, defense, and entertainment applications, announced the release of Catalina at the SPIE 2011 Defense and Security conference, April 25-29 in Orlando, Florida at booth #1524. Catalina is a server-side software solution that provides video storage and retrieval tools along with remote access and on the fly streaming to enhancement and exploitation tools such as 2d3 TacitView via a centralized server.
Catalina is the bridge between sensor and analyst. No matter where collection assets are deployed Catalina provides core capabilities that will project motion imagery and related metadata into the eyes of decision makers.
- Capture and Storage – Catalina reaches out all the way to the sensor edge so that any video stream can be digitized and securely stored. Frame accurate search tools allow all users get to exactly the information needed without needing to screen hours of tape.
- Exploitation—Leveraging 2d3’s TacitView Suite for server and client-side image processing, enhancement and exploitation tools will be accessible from any computer or viewing device on the network.
- Enhancement—Image stabilization, super resolution, spectrum optimization, FMV mosaicing, wide baseline mosaicing, image to image registration and matching, terrain generation, optical character recognition, de-interlacing, scene Mensuration, and image geo-registration. You may only get one chance to capture the right imagery, so you need to ensure you can squeeze every drop of information from it.
- Interoperability – Capitalizing on the work of the Motion Imagery Standards Board, Catalina produces MISP Compliant Streams—metadata contained in the input stream is preserved and available in file or stream formats. Where older systems do not comply with standards, existing metadata formats will be converted to ensure seamless interoperability.
- Enterprise Database—acquisition, tagging, storage and retrieval of imagery and metadata, allowing multiple users to tag, search, retrieve and compile imagery and data. Delivered by default built on a Windows server 2008 / SQL server architecture.
- Multiple Bitrate Support—Choose high or low bitrate streams to accommodate various networks and viewing devices.
“Catalina has been delivered in response to customers needing to leverage a high performance server side imagery management and exploitation system. Catalina provides enterprise quality capture and storage capabilities which also allows distributed streams of imagery and metadata to multiple users simultaneously,” explained Jon Damush, President, 2d3. “Government spending is changing, and COTS technologies are going to increasingly provide the government with cutting edge technologies at off-the-shelf prices. Catalina is an example of what can be produced in the commercial space at a commercial pace.”
2d3 Sensing is a Commercial-off-the-shelf (CoTS) technology provider specializing in the enhancement and exploitation of color and infra-red, still and motion imagery. Using innovative vision science techniques, 2d3Sensin can improve and extract the information contained in motion imagery for better situational awareness, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. Software based stabilization, super-resolution, spectrum optimization and geo-referenced motion imagery are just a sample of the capabilities contained in 2d3 Sensing’s arsenal. 2d3 Sensing solutions are deliverable as stand-alone software products, APIs or embedded systems. 2d3 Sensing is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford, UK based OMG plc, with US offices in California and Pennsylvania. For more information, please visit http://www.2d3sensing.com or call (949) 540-0740.
# # #