A well-designed and efficient UI that uses the latest technology is not only nice to have, but is a requirement for companies to significantly increase productivity and improve collaboration
Los Angeles, Ca (PRWEB) April 28, 2011
Projecturf – http://www.projecturf.com - a leading project management software, provides Small-to-Medium sized businesses with a completely refined user interface for easy navigation, a polished and modern design layout, additional customization options, and several new capabilities that help users get things done quickly. “A major paradigm shift has occurred in the last couple years that places much higher standards on design and usability. A key emphasis on the overall user experience is critical to building great software. Our focus has been on creating an intuitive and elegant UI with a straightforward navigation, reducing the number of steps needed for each action, simplifying interactions, developing consistency across all sections, producing the right feature set, adding the appropriate amount of flexibility and customization into the project management application while eliminating clutter, and ultimately striking the perfect balance of usability, design, and functionality. A well-designed and efficient UI that uses the latest technology is not only nice to have, but is a requirement for companies to significantly increase productivity and improve collaboration,” says Chuck Pearson, CEO of Projecturf.
Projecturf now offers the following features and enhancements to all new and existing users:
- New User Interface: a major redesign offering a progressive and user-friendly interface, which utilizes Projecturf’s user-centered design philosophy to deliver a truly remarkable user experience. The intuitive and innovative design allows for quicker navigation using the newly added tabbed interface, more vertical space resulting in less scrolling, inline panels for enhanced visibility of the project data when adding items, full brand customization with multiple color options for the navigation bar, and a simplified workflow with fewer clicks.
- Advanced Permissions: create custom permissions for each user by hiding project sections or reports and granting either view only or read / write access to individual sections. This added control is crucial when interacting with clients and colleagues and gives administrators complete authority on who can view, add, and access data throughout various projects.
- Add Multiple Items at Once: click on “add another” when entering data or files into projects to add multiple items at the same time instead of entering them one by one and waiting for pages to reload. Reduce clicks and speed up getting project data into the system to start managing projects immediately.
- Pin Project Tabs: open up to six projects at a time and the tabs will pin at the top of the page similar to how Internet browsers function. Easily navigate between different projects and the global dashboard to quickly access data and make changes on the fly.
- Drag and Drop Project Tabs: rearrange tabs in any desired order using drag and drop to prioritize projects. Click any project tab to enter a specific project or click the close button on the tab to remove the tab from the current project list.
- Enhanced Search Feature: click the magnifying glass to open the search bar for instant in-page results in any project. Narrow the results to a specific project section by selecting it from the dropdown list.
- Multiple Timers: run a timer for multiple projects at the same time. The new UI will display all active timers on both the project tab and the top navigation bar within a project for total visibility at all times.
- Calendar Colors: assign a color to each project that will be used for each event on the master / global calendar. Using different colors makes it easy to decipher which project an event is associated with on the global dashboard.
- Add Time to Tasks & Tickets: quickly add hours and costs to tasks and tickets directly from the task / ticket itself with a couple of clicks. Or, use the new search function when adding a timecard entry to quickly find any item.
- Global Edits: Use the global dashboard to make edits, add timecard entries and notes, drag and drop calendar events and tasks, and modify items from the global Calendar, Tasks, Tickets, and Timecard sections. Quickly make updates without entering individual projects.
- Custom Subdomains: create a custom subdomain such as yourcompany.projecturf.com instead of the unique URL. Every account is fully secure with 256-encription.
- Speed Enhancements: virtually instantaneous page loading times throughout the app regardless of the data size. Receive immediate feedback in the system when adding data and making changes.
- SSL Toggle: turn SSL security on all sections within the app on or off for faster loading times. SSL is available on all accounts and is turned on by default for all sections within the app, but for users who prefer better performance and faster speeds, SSL can be turned off (it will always remain on for login pages).
- New Support Center: a brand new help center that includes dynamic search, FAQ’s, an overview on how to get started with Projecturf in minutes, a summary of each section with step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to use them, and a new infographic to be used as a resource guide on system permissions.
With the new custom permissions, SMB’s and freelancers are given added flexibility to tailor their project management tool to their businesses. Every project offers three different user types along with specific settings to customize a user's access at every level of the project. Companies are able to easily distinguish clients, staff, and managers while granting and limiting access to critical information related to their projects. Additionally, with Projecturf’s recent server upgrade and software enhancements, users will notice significant speed improvements throughout the application.
Projecturf offers a 14-day risk-free trial. All business plans come with unlimited storage space with no cap on users, project managers, or features. Visit http://www.projecturf.com for more information.
# # #