Memphis, TN (PRWEB) April 26, 2011
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) announced today that for the fifth annual Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest, there will be a record-breaking 26 preliminaries held around the world throughout the spring and summer.
The 26 winners will then compete in Memphis, Tenn., on August 11 and 12, 2011, during Elvis Week.
Just added to the list of preliminary contests will be one at the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark. This preliminary, held July 16, will help celebrate two new temporary exhibits at the Center. The exhibit “ELVIS” will include special artifacts, some never-before-seen, from the Graceland archives that are significant to President Bill Clinton, who is a major Elvis fan. A second exhibit, “Elvis at 21, Photographs by Alfred Wertheimer,” is a collection of photographs that chronicle Elvis’ life in 1956.
In addition to the Clinton Presidential Center, other preliminaries are being held in Japan, Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada and all over the U.S. Judges look for the best representation of the Elvis legacy in talent, appearance, performance, stage presence and each contestant’s overall tribute to Elvis. The best overall performer will be named the “2011 Elvis Tribute Artist of the Year.”
Judges for the Memphis round of the competition during Elvis Week 2011 include:
- John Cossette, who has more than 30 years of experience in the entertainment and music industry. His credits include 17 years producing the Grammy Awards, producer of the smash Broadway musical “Million Dollar Quartet,” producing live concerts in Central Park and Centennial Olympic Park for the 1996 Olympic Games, and doing benefits for many charitable organizations.
- Alexis Grace, a top 12 contestant on season eight of “American Idol,” who continues to perform around the U.S. and is a part of the morning show on Memphis station Q107.5.
- Brad Birkedahl, a rock ‘n’ roll guitarist and vocalist who has shared the stage with music legends such as Carl Perkins, Wanda Jackson, James Burton, Billy Lee Riley, The Stray Cats, Paul Burlison, Malcolm Yelvington and D.J. Fontana, and who played the role of Scotty Moore in the film "Walk the Line."
- Michael Detroit, the Associate Producer at Memphis' Playhouse on the Square, who has credits in over 75 professional theatre productions, has done 100s of tv commercials and voice-overs, and has appeared in eight films, including “Nothing But the Truth,” “The Client,” “The People vs. Larry Flynt,” and “Cast Away.”
Preliminaries that have occurred or are coming up this summer are:
- Rockin' 'E' Jamboree at Oneida Casino in Green Bay, Wis.
- New England Elvis Festival in Manchester, N.H.
- Elvis FANtasy Fest in Portage, Ind.
- Pocono Mountains Elvis Festival in Bushkill, Pa.
- European Elvis Championships in Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Japan Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Tokyo, Japan
- Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest at Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark.
- Tupelo Elvis Festival in Tupelo, Miss.
- LakeGeorge.com Elvis Festival in Lake George, N.Y.
- Pechanga Casino Resort Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Temecula, Calif.
- Wintersun Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Queensland, Australia
- Windsor Elvis Festival in Ontario, Canada
- Penticton Pacific Northwest Elvis Festival in British Columbia, Canada
- Chinook Winds Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Lincoln City, Ore.
- Ultimate ETA Challenge – Fill the Blue Suede Shoes in Ocala, Fla.
- Harrah’s Cherokee Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Cherokee, N.C.
- Tampa Elvis Festival in Tampa, Fla.
- Collingwood Elvis Festival in Ontario, Canada
- Silver Slipper Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Bay St. Louis, Miss.
- The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest at Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg, Ind.
- The “Last Chance” ETA Contest at Hard Rock Cafe, Memphis, Tenn.
- Four Legends in Concert locations including Las Vegas, Nev.; Atlantic City, N.J.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; and Branson, Mo.
- Mardi Gras Casino in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
Details including dates and times for each of these preliminary contests can be found on the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest website.
All preliminary contest winners will travel to Memphis to compete in the semifinals and final rounds where the 2011 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist will be named. Prizes for the 2011 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest include:
Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest First Place Winner:
- Title of Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist of 2011
- Performance Contract with Legends in Concert
- Cash prize of $20,000
- A Gibson “Elvis” Epiphone Guitar
Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Second Place Winner:
- Cash prize of $3,000
- Selection of other valuable prizes
Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Third Place Winner:
- Cash prize of $2,000
- Selection of other valuable prizes
In addition, new for 2011, all Elvis tribute artists finishing in fourth through tenth place will receive a $500 cash prize.
For a complete list of contest preliminaries, along with tribute artist photos, videos and additional information on the 2011 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest and Elvis Week, please visit Elvis.com. Organizations and entertainment venues interested in holding their own preliminary should e-mail Ultimate(at)elvis(dot)com for more information.
About Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) is based in Memphis, Tennessee with additional offices in Los Angeles, California. In addition to Graceland and its related attractions in Memphis, including the Heartbreak Hotel, EPE is aggressively involved in a worldwide licensing program, merchandising, music publishing, and television, film, video and Internet projects. For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit http://www.Elvis.com . EPE is a subsidiary of CKX, Inc. (http://www.CKX.com), a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ National Market® under the ticker symbol “CKXE.”
# # #