Foster City, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2011
CardRatings.com releases the Best Credit Cards for College Grads, the first in a series of ’Best Credit Card‘ features. Credit cards highlighted in the series are chosen based on consumer lifestyle, life stage, activities and spending habits, favorite perks and other features.
Rites of passage for freshmen entering college no longer include signing up for every credit card offering a free T-shirt or Frisbee while walking through campus the first day of school because of new banking regulations making it tougher to get plastic before turning twenty-one. As a result, many new grads may find themselves without much of a credit history or in need of funds to embark upon their adult lives.
CardRatings.com editors surveyed dozens of current card offers to identify credit cards that offer useful benefits for grads this summer and beyond. Cards picked were chosen as best fits for grads on the move, furnishing their first apartment, frequenting movie theaters and restaurants, hitting the road by plane, train or automobile, or simply building their credit history.
CardRatings.com Editors’ picks:
Best credit cards for college grads on the move - Discover Open Road Card
- Zero percent APR teaser rate
- One percent cash back on all purchases
- Gas and restaurant bonuses plus a $75 Restaurant.com Gift Certificate for a limited time
Best credit cards for college grads furnishing a first apartment - Sony Card from Capital One
- Electronics and entertainment rewards
- Bonus points on Sony purchases
- Up to 10 months with zero percent APR
Best credit cards for college grads who love movies and dining out – Citi Forward Card
- Bonus reward points to use at restaurants, movie theaters and bookstores
- Up to a two percent APR reduction for on-time bill pay
- Extra bonus points for paperless statement signup
Best credit cards for college grads heading off to see the world – Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- No foreign transaction fees
- Miles earned on every purchase that don't expire
- Miles can be used on any airline with no blackout dates
Best credit cards for college grads with no credit – Orchard Bank Classic MasterCard
- Email and text message reminders to pay bills and stay within credit limit
- Regular credit bureau updates allow grads to build credit quickly
- Customer service by phone and web lets grads track purchases and maintain a budget.
CardRatings is the leading comprehensive free source for comparing credit card offer and has been educating consumers on credit cards since 1998. The site regularly reports on consumer credit and debt issues, and offers both editor and consumer credit card reviews. From balance transfer cards, to student credit cards, gas credit cards and more. The site allows consumers to compare and identify the credit cards best suited to their needs, get the best rates available and effectively lower their debt.