Carrollton, Ga. (PRWEB) April 26, 2011
Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. today announced that the New Mexico Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (NM HITREC) selected the company’s single-database electronic health record (EHR), practice management and interoperability solution PrimeSUITE® 2011 as an appropriate and qualified EHR solution. The NM HITREC was established as the federally designated Regional Extension Center (REC) for New Mexico.
NM HITREC is a consortium of LCF Research, the New Mexico Medical Review Association (NMMRA) and the New Mexico Primary Care Association (NMPCA) combing to assist and connect more than 1,000 targeted providers in reaching meaningful use through selected certified EHRs such as Greenway’s PrimeSUITE to advance the use of health information technology and improve patient care.
The New Mexico REC is operating with a $7.7 million grant from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC).
For more information, go to http://www.nmhitrec.org
A sampling of Regional Extension Centers also selecting PrimeSUITE include:
- The South Florida Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (SFREC) for its $13 million grant connecting 2,500 providers.
- The Colorado Regional Extension Center (CO-REC) for its $12.5 million grant connecting 2.295 providers.
- Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL) for its $6.7 million grant connecting 1,100 providers.
- Pennsylvania's two Regional Extension Centers, PA REACH East and PA REACH West for a combined $44 million grant targeting 8,700 providers.
- The Georgia Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (GA-HITREC) for its $19.5 million grant program targeting 5,200 providers.
- The Iowa Health Information Regional Extension Center (HITREC) for its $5.5 million grant targeting 1,200 area providers.
- The Massachusetts eHealth Institute for its $13.4 million grant program targeting 2,500 providers.
- The Alaska eHealth Network (AeHN) for its $3.6 million grant program targeting 1,000 providers in 260 practices.
- The New York City Regional Electronic Adoption Center for Health (NYC REACH) for its $21.7 million grant program.
- The New York eHealth Collaborative’s (NYeC) $26.5 million REC grant program to implement EHRs within state borders outside of New York City’s five boroughs.
Overall, the federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) REC program has granted $677 million to establish 62 centers, linking group practices, critical access hospitals, community health centers and related healthcare organizations through sustainable two-year grants to deploy EHRs in those settings and to connect healthcare organizations and establish meaningful use functionality.
About Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc.
Greenway Medical Technologies provides innovative EHR, ambulatory healthcare and clinical research business solutions and services to more than 27,000 healthcare providers nationwide, in 31 specialties and subspecialties, by enhancing the delivery of patient care through advanced health IT software and on-demand services that allow physician practices to function at their highest level of efficiency in group practice, IDN, REC, HIE, IPA, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) settings. Established in 1998, Carrollton, Ga.-based Greenway is a privately held company with more than 450 employees.
About PrimeSUITE 2011 Meaningful Use Certification
PrimeSUITE® 2011 is an ONC-ATCB Complete EHR. The 2011/2012 criteria supports the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers and hospitals for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). This Complete EHR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. PrimeSUITE 2011 was certified on October 14, 2010, certification number CC-1112-699072-1 for clinical quality measures NQF 0421, 0013, 0028, 0041, 0024, 0038, 0031, 0032 and 0034.
Review complete details of PrimeSUITE 2011's meaningful use certification on CCHIT and ONC websites: http://www.cchit.org/get_certified/ONC-ATCB-Certified-2011-2012 and http://onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert.
For more information about Greenway, visit http://www.greenwaymedical.com. You can also follow developments at Greenway through online and social media:
- Greenway on Twitter: http://bit.ly/GreenwayTwitter
- Greenway on Facebook: http://bit.ly/GreenwayFacebook
- Greenway on YouTube: http://bit.ly/GreenwayYouTube
- BlogEHR: http://bit.ly/BlogEHR
- Tee Green on Twitter: http://bit.ly/wteegreen
- Justin Barnes on Twitter: http://bit.ly/HITAdvisor
- Eric Grunden on Twitter: http://bit.ly/EGrunden
- Johnathan Samples on Twitter: http://bit.ly/JSamplesGMT
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in the press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe-harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting the Company's operations, markets, services and related products, prices, and other factors.