Morristown, NJ (PRWEB) April 26, 2011
Providing a sustainable and cost-effective solution for the low-rise building market, Schindler Elevator Corporation introduces its Schindler 3300 machine room-less traction elevator. An MRL specifically designed for the low-rise commercial and multi-unit residential market in the U.S. and Canada, the Schindler 3300 offers a distinctive range of design options and a smooth, quiet performance that uses less energy.
With tens of thousands of units already installed globally, the system, now released in North America, is designed to allow for more usable building and design space by eliminating the need for a machine room or a control closet. It fits seamlessly into the footprint of a hydraulic elevator design, yet provides the smooth, quiet operation of traction technology. In addition, Schindler 3300 cabs are up to 5% larger than the average MRL cab. The system is delivered to the building site in one complete shipment allowing accelerated lead times and quick installation.
The Schindler 3300 offers a sleek Italian cab design and hall fixtures composed of tempered glass panels. With design palettes to fit any style or building décor, the system is suitable for various types of buildings, including: offices, churches, schools, condominiums, apartments, and more.
“The Schindler 3300 is setting the new standard in the industry,” said Michael Landis, vice president, Marketing at Schindler in North America. “With sustainability as the driving force, the system is quite mindful of the needs of architects, general contractors and passengers alike.”
Eco-friendly, efficient features:
- Gearless machine designed to save energy and avoid power loss
- Stable start uses energy more efficiently and reduces electric costs
- Frequency converter with standby power mode allows elevator to return safely to nearest floor in the event of a building power outage
- Controls automatically switch car lights to standby mode to save energy
- Car panel and floor indicators all operate with low power, LED lights
- Multi-bus control architecture reduces cabling, material and waste
- Smart controls provide more efficient passenger transportation
- Car lighting equipped with energy-efficient lamps
- Central guiding system reduces friction and overall energy consumption
- Door drive with standby mode uses less electricity.
Building Design Assistance:
To assist architects, specifiers, general contractors and others in the building design and construction community, Schindler has launched a dedicated Schindler 3300 web-based showroom featuring enhanced e-tools, including:
- Access to three-dimensional Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects, and links to drawings and specifications
- A system performance calculator allows building owners to calculate annual energy costs as well as elevator performance such as floor-to-floor times, door-open times and more
- Cab configurator software lets architects and building owners explore the distinctive possibilities of design finishes for the Schindler 3300 cab
- An animated technical video takes viewers on a tour of the innovative technical features of the Schindler 3300 including its suspension traction media and its door jamb inspection and test panel.
In addition, each Schindler 3300 is equipped with Schindler Remote Monitoring™ (SRM), a proactive maintenance tool that monitors the system 24/7 and helps return equipment to service up to 22% faster than traditional troubleshooting methods.
More detailed information about the new Schindler 3300 can be found on the system’s web-based showroom at http://www.schindler3300na.com.
About Schindler Elevator Corporation
Schindler Elevator Corporation designs, manufactures, installs, services and modernizes a broad range of elevators, escalators and moving walks for almost every building type. The company is the North American operation of the Schindler Group, headquartered in Switzerland, a leading global mobility provider, present in more than 140 countries. Schindler supports sustainable urban development with safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions. For additional information about Schindler Elevator Corporation, visit the company’s Web site at http://www.us.schindler.com.