Lexington, KY (PRWEB) April 26, 2011
The lazy days of summer have been replaced with the amazing days of summer at Destination Spas. From paddle board classes at Lake Austin Spa Resort, to being up to your elbows in clay at Golden Door, and even sweet summer slumber after a visit to the Oaks at Ojai, make this summer sizzle with well-being lessons that will transcend the season.
With 24 locations from Phuket to Illinois from which to choose, all Destination Spa Group® members offer a complementary balance of fitness, healthy cuisine, life-enhancing programs and relaxing spa services.
“Hanging out on the couch is not an effective way to approach a summer of wellness,” said DSG Executive Director Debra Koerner. “From amazing fitness classes to one-of-a-kind theme weeks, Destination Spa offerings appeal to everyone who needs a little well-being and renewal. Plus, the lessons you learn will come in handy at home for seasons to come.”
Check out what we found at leading Destination Spas:
Golden Door, Escondido, Calif. – Creative Renewal
- This aesthetic journey is full of imagination and intuition. At the end of June, get up to your elbows in clay, lay down a swash of bright paint, or create with scissors and glue. Re-discover that free-spirited self you haven’t seen in a while. Dr. Judith Greer Essex is a pioneer in the art-based therapy movement and respected as an expert in the role of the body and creative expression in psychological integration
Green Mountain at Fox Run, Ludlow, Vermont – Young Women’s Program
- Offered throughout the summer, this program is designed for women from 18 to 24 who find it difficult to maintain an ideal weight. In a non-threatening environment, participants will learn how to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle without deprivation
Lake Austin Spa Resort, Austin, Texas – ABS-olutely Paddle Board Class
- This new floating fitness class fuses balance, strength and coordination on the waters of Lake Austin. ABS-olutely Paddle Board was created for all fitness levels and combines the fun of stand-up paddle boarding with a series of intense core conditioning moves such yoga poses, squats and sit-ups - all while floating on the water. Lake Austin Spa Resort is the first resort in the country to offer a class that combines the two activities into one
Mountain Trek, British Columbia, Canada – Kick Start Package
- Offered throughout the summer in picturesque British Columbia, Mountain Trek offers its inclusive fitness & weight loss program for adults. The week-long (Saturday to Saturday) program has guests participating in a structured & very active program that highlights the connections between fitness, stress reduction & supportive nutrition
Oaks at Ojai, Ojai, Calif. – Better Sleep Weekend
- In serious need of some ZZZs? Presented July 8-10, experts will share their "Calming the Body Quieting the Mind" programs as well as “Nidra Secrets” for a night of blissful slumber
Red Mountain, St. George, Utah – Eat Well, Feel Well Culinary School
- Ever dreamed of going to culinary school? Better yet, culinary school where you may actually lose weight! During special weeks in June, July & August, Chef Dale Van Sky of Red Mountain explores the many rich flavors and creative healthy cuisines from our premier chefs to help you eat and feel well
Six Senses Sanctuary Phuket, Phuket, Thailand – Realize Your Functional Potential
- Broaden your choices for recreational and athletic activities after working with Dr. Chet Collins. Available throughout June for those who are striving for general improved fitness, injury prevention, weight loss, or activity-specific training, these sessions will challenge individual abilities and expose functional imperfections to target for personal improvement
To find details on the spas mentioned as well as all 24 members of DSG, please visit http://www.DestinationSpaVacations.com or call 888.772.4363.
About Destination Spa Group®
Only a select group of spas follow the tradition of the true Destination Spa – where the total environment is dedicated to health and life enhancement. Representing 24 spas, Destination Spa Group® is a membership organization dedicated to educating the public about the unique wellness and self-improvement opportunities of Destination Spas. More details on http://www.DestinationSpaVacations.com