...member inns, hotels and spas earned kudos for their great scenery, fireplaces, superb spa treatments, delicious meals and friendly staff.
Brussels, Ontario (PRWEB) April 29, 2011
As spring begins to bloom across the province, Ontario’s Finest Hotels, Inns & Spas (OFHIS) is pleased to announce the winners of its recent “most romantic winter getaway” contest.
The association, which represents a large number of the fine hotel, inn and spa properties, recently challenged Ontarians to share their winter romance stories on a special web site, http://www.BabyItsColdOutside.ca.
Overall, OFHIS member inns, hotels and spas earned kudos for their great scenery, fireplaces, superb spa treatments, delicious meals and friendly staff.
The three winners with the most votes are:
1. Ste. Anne’s where customers loved the great views from every window, the relaxing ambience, great meals and spa services. “To sit outside on a frosty winter's day in a bubbling hot tub with a cloudless, blue sky over head was just a piece of heaven.” – Jackie C.
2. Inn & Spa on the Twenty at the centre of the Ice Wine Festival in Jordan, which was popular for its spacious rooms with beautiful fireplaces. “We had a little garden patio and a romantic dinner with an absolutely fabulous view.” – Lynn A.
3. Harbour House, Niagara-on-the-Lake, where guests raved about the wine and cheese tastings, beautiful rooms and personal touches. “The feather top beds were so luscious that we didn’t want to get up.” – Maureen B.
Many guests shared their special moments: “I fell in love with Sir Sam's Inn & Waterspa on our honeymoon and then again for our first year anniversary,” wrote Fiona M. “From the heavenly food to the comfortable beds, we did not want to go home. It was such a wonderful place to get away. My husband and I were able to reconnect and forget, for a while, the outside world, the stresses and worries of life. We even went home with a souvenir, our son was born nine months later.”
Visit Ontario’s Finest Hotels Inns & Spas Facebook page to see more comments.
The three winning winter romance spots will be presented awards by special guest Michael Kurts, Assistant Deputy Minister, Tourism Policy and Development Division, Ministry of Tourism and Culture.
The OFHIS has launched its next contest, “Spring is in the Air”, as of April 26. Guests have until June 20 to vote for their favourite rejuvenating escape or gals’ getaway by visiting http://www.springisintheair.ca . Entrants have a chance to win $500 gift card valid at any of Ontario’s Finest Hotels, Inns or Spas or an iPad.
For more information, contact:
Kathy Nichol, Executive Director
Ontario's Finest Hotels, Inns and Spas
P.O. Box 9, 435 Turnberry St.
Brussels ON N0G 1H0
Telephone: 1-800-340-INNS (4667) or 519-887-8383
About Ontario’s Finest Hotels, Inns & Spas:
Ontario’s Finest Hotels, Inns & Spas, consists of 34 member inns, hotels and spas throughout Ontario, committed to providing an unrivalled getaway, spa, incentive and/or meeting experiences to their guests.
All of our members feature:
- distinct character in buildings, décor, location and surroundings;
- exceptional standards in hospitality and cleanliness;
- an experience steeped with the defining vision of the owner;
- regional flare;
- exemplary food, wine, spa and accommodation;
- service delivered by people who understand responsive service which makes the difference to an outstanding guest experience.
# # #