The release of the CRM module is a break-out point in the history of Bitrix Intranet. We aspire to make the intranet a tool that reflects and supports all of the activity of an organization.
Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) April 28, 2011
Bitrix, Inc., a technology trendsetter in business communications solutions announces the release of Bitrix Intranet 10.0, a genuine turning-point in the product’s history. The product’s new overarching concept is to unite the energies of each employee to boost efficiency at all levels. With Version 10.0, the product reinvents itself with advanced task and time management, a CRM system, Live Feed ticker, microblogs, integration with Microsoft, Google and Apple products, Mobile apps and multi department intranet support.
New technologies and tools incorporated into Bitrix Intranet 10.0 contain:
- Task management 2.0 – enhanced tools for tasks and projects with efficiency reports for each employee, departments, and the company on the whole.
- Time management 2.0 – features for handling clock in/out, total work time, breaks, absences, cross-platform calendaring, meeting and event planning.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) – manages leads, accounts, and other relationships.
- Live Feed – unified feed for updates from all sections of the intranet, keeping everyone informed of the latest developments.
- Microblog – internal feature informs colleagues about news, ideas, or facts instantly.
- Document management – new interface, version saving, recycle bin, more network drive options, and detail pages for each document.
- Department intranets – individual departments can now have separate, customized, and integrated versions of the intranet.
- Mobile apps – BitrixMobile technology allows convenient work with the intranet via mobile devices and development of customized apps.
- Integration with Microsoft products – connectors to MS Exchange Server 2007/2010 and MS SharePoint, integration with MS Exchange Web Mail, improved integration with Active Directory and with MS Office.
- Integration with Google products – Google calendars can be shared and synchronized in the intranet with access and modification via Android devices.
- Integration with Apple products – calendar sharing with Mac OS X, iPad, and iPhone including two-way data sharing as well as exporting of contacts from the intranet.
- Web Cluster – the portal can be distributed among multiple servers for greatly enhanced performance, scalability, and reliability.
- New edition: BizPace Enterprise, for organizations with a distributed network of offices and branches.
One of the most highly anticipated tools introduced is Tasks Management 2.0, a system for tasks and project management with efficiency reports for individual employees, departments, and the company as a whole. Achieving adoption of tasks on the intranet is often a serious challenge for companies; Task Management 2.0 encourages involvement by allowing employees to set their own tasks as well as accepting them from management.
The efficiency report lets management see data for each employee, department and the company. Efficiency is shown using the number of completed and overdue tasks as well as the evaluation of the task by the department head. Each employee can see his or her own data and compare it to the data of the department.
The new Time Management 2.0 system is multi-faceted tool that does much more than clock employees in and out. The Work Day interface allows clocking in and out, helps with task planning for the day, and provides a space for a daily report. It is designed to increase discipline by giving users a useful planning tool and can be set by management to any level of strictness. The system records the beginning and end of each working day, and employees can ‘back-date’ their listed times by asking for the approval and confirmation of their supervisor.
This work time report is especially effective in environments where most employees work at computers, but is very useful for employees with open schedules and telecommuters as well.
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) – a system for managing leads, contacts, and accounts with features for recording events such as calls, emails, and meetings. A sales funnel is generated from the data and sales forecasts can be made.
Leads from various sources are loaded into the system, assigned to the proper employee, and then developed as interaction takes place and is recorded. The CRM system can be integrated into the company’s website, so that leads from the site (for example, the results of a web form) show up in the CRM system automatically.
Live Feed is a unified feed of all updates in the intranet. By default, all employees are subscribed to all changes and can view all of the messages on the Live Feed which comply with their access level. Thus, each employee will be informed of all the events going on in the company. Employees can subscribe to these messages by email or by the internal instant messenger, as well as personally filter which messages are shown (subscribed to) in the Live Feed. The Live Feed is easy to view on mobile devices.
The new version also enables company microblogs for messages of less than 255 characters among intranet users. All such messages are visible in the Live Feed in the intranet. Microblogs can be created directly from the Live Feed or from a mobile device. Each workgroup can also launch its own microblog. The product includes a mobile app for microblogging in the intranet.
Version 10.0 also debuts a new interface for document sharing. History of modifications, multi-file upload, and configuring network drives on all operating systems (all versions of Windows, MacOS, Linux) will make file sharing easier and more efficient. Linking to external drives and folders is simpler, too. Each document now has its own detail page where properties, history, versions and discussion can be viewed and updated. Search is optimized to work with files and their contents (with instant suggestions), and deleted documents now go to a recycle bin. Business processes and versioning are supported.
Department intranets provide the opportunity for each department or division of a company to launch its own intranet. In this set-up, the structure of the organization and several other elements will be shared among the departmental and main portals, but the other elements (news feeds, workgroups) will be separate to each department.
Version 10.0 includes the Mobile Intranet, which is based on BitrixMobile technology. This useful inclusion has two forms: a web app supporting iOS, Android and BlackBerry OS, as well as a mobile version of the intranet which can be viewed in a regular browser. The mobile intranet enables work with the Live Feed, employee directory, calendars, and microblog, as well as with documents and tasks. The app can be loaded from the intranet and is also accessible through Apple’s App Store, Android Market, and other mobile marketplaces.
Integration with Microsoft products is greatly expanded over previous versions, allowing data to flow smoothly between legacy software and the Bitrix Intranet. The integration package includes:
- connector to MS Exchange Server 2007/2010 with two-way integration of calendars and tasks and integration of contacts. This opens the door to the corporate environment and to mobile devices integrated with Exchange;
- integration with MS Exchange Web Mail with an indicator for unread mail in the intranet;
- connector to MS SharePoint with import and export of lists;
- improved integration with Active Directory;
- significant improvement in integration with MS Office including direct editing of documents in the portal using Digest authentication.
Bitrix Intranet 10.0 is integrated with Google and Apple products via its newly-implemented support of CardDAV and CalDAV formats. Google calendars can now be shared in the intranet and accessed by Android-based mobile devices with data sync. Calendars can be shared with Mac OS X devices, iPad and iPhone with two-way data exchange and contacts can be imported from the intranet to Mac OS X, iPad and iPhone.
Uninterrupted intranet service, scalability and protection against server failure are now attainable through the extremely well-engineered set of technologies which combined form the new Web Cluster module. By dividing server tasks among separate resources, whether they are onsite servers, virtual servers, or servers in completely different data centers, downtime is reduced, massive databanks are handled, backup runs smoother and performance is improved.
In accordance with Bitrix policy, clients who currently have the senior edition of Bitrix Intranet (BizPace) with active updates on or before April 27, 2011, have the option to upgrade to the new edition, BizPace Enterprise, at no extra charge within the ensuing six-month period.
The CRM system is included in the BizPace and BizPace Enterprise editions. Department intranets and Web Cluster are present only in the BizPace Enterprise edition. Site Controller will now be included only in the BizPace and BizPace Enterprise editions.
The new version of Bitrix Intranet is available at no additional charge to all clients who have active updates via the SiteUpdate feature.
About Bitrix, Inc.
Bitrix is a privately-owned company developing an advanced business communications platform to bridge SMBs with their customers (Internet), partners (Extranet) and employees (Intranet). Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA, Bitrix is rated #3 most popular commercial CMS by W3Techs with 50,000+ installations and 6,000+ partners worldwide. Bitrix content management systems deploy on either Windows or Unix platforms and exist in .php and ASP.NET variations.