Chester, PA (PRWEB) April 28, 2011
Representatives of media outlets are invited to visit the East Campus Gymnasium of Chester Community Charter School (http://www.chestercommunitycharter.org), at 302 East 5th Street, here, on Friday, April 29, 2011, from 2:45pm to 3:45 pm, as Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett visits the school as part of his administration’s ongoing review of the effectiveness of public and charter schools across the Commonwealth.
Chester Community Charter School (CCCS), with nearly 2700 students currently enrolled, and hundreds of additional young people on its waiting list, is the largest K-8 charter school in Pennsylvania. The school’s student PSSA scores consistently rank among the highest in the Greater Philadelphia area, and CCCS has achieved AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress) in the assessments done by the State’s Department of Education, in each of the past two years.
The Governor’s visit will include an opportunity for him to meet with CCCS students, faculty members and administrators and to take a tour of the school’s East Campus.
For additional information, and to confirm your attendance, please contact A. Bruce Crawley at abcrawley(at)millennium3management(dot)com.
- Hon. Tom Corbett, governor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Steve Lee, CEO, Chester Community Charter School
- Hon. Dominic Pileggi, state senator, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Hon. William Adolph, state representative, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Dave Clark, executive director of student services, Chester Community Charter School
- Judge Spencer Seaton, board chairman, Chester Community Charter School
- Chester Community Charter School students, teachers, staff and administrators
Friday, April 29, 2011
2:45pm – 3:45pm
Chester Community Charter School
East Campus Gymnasium
302 East 5th Street
Chester, PA 19013