Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 28, 2011
The Horwitz Taylor Group (HT), which provides financial leadership, strategic and advisory services to the C-Suite, formally announced its senior management team today.
Each member of the HT team provides experienced and expert accounting and financial insight – on an interim or temporary project basis. And all of the firm’s professionals are former CFO/COO’s, controllers, auditors, accounting managers and finance directors.
HT founders Karla Horwitz and Meg Taylor – each a former Partner at Tatum – have spent 25 years helping senior management teams in diverse companies and industries address their financial and accounting needs and issues.
Horwitz’s experience includes CFO roles at companies in transition, such as PopCap Games and Click Wine Group, as well as Manager/Partner of the advisory practices at Arthur Andersen and Tatum.
Taylor has served as controller for a manufacturing company, as director of advisory practices at Arthur Andersen, KPMG and Tatum, and in numerous financial executive roles on behalf of clients. She previously founded and managed Red Cedar Partners, a healthcare consulting firm.
“We work hands-on and side-by-side with emerging, mid-market and large companies in transition,“ says Horwitz, “and the top-tier team we’ve assembled has a proven track record when it comes to building solid, stable and trusted partnerships that help organizations from the ground up.”
Adds Taylor: “Our team has the ability to help companies in so many ways today, regardless of what their financial needs may be. And the people we’ve brought together have been in the room and made the right calls, whether it’s executing major transactions, seeking capitalization, coping with market shifts, restructuring financial and accounting departments, repairing or rebuilding broken processes and systems, or aligning revenues and costs.”
The members of HT’s senior management team are:
- Jerry Goldberg, Principal – Jerry is a highly accomplished senior financial manager and business strategist with over 20 years of experience directing development and implementation of corporate financial and strategic business plans, forecasts, budgets and capital structures. He has extensive experience in M&A and all corporate finance transactions, including raising equity and debt for growing companies. He has a proven ability, both as a full-time and interim CFO, in leading all accounting and finance processes through design, improvement and management phases, and he has served in senior operations roles. Jerry trained in investment banking and finance with Drexel Burnham and Oppenheimer and Co.
- Ron Oldfield, Principal – Ron is an executive leader with a history of healthcare achievements in the areas of financial operations, consolidations, strategic decision-making and organizational process improvements. He has positioned his organizations for the future of healthcare reform through innovation, change management and organizational efficiency. Ron is a management executive with over 30 years of hands-on healthcare finance experience at Catholic Health Initiatives, Harborview Medical Center, Providence Health & Services and Peace Health. He has a deep knowledge of healthcare financial operations, patient revenue cycle, government reimbursement, budgeting, and long-range financial planning.
- Pat Goodwin, Principal – Pat has provided financial leadership to start-up and high-growth companies for over 25 years, most recently with Big Fish Games, Valve and Door-to-Door storage. He specializes in tactical development of accounting, finance and administrative infrastructure to support rapid growth, ensure adequate control environments and condense time-to-market. A CPA, Pat has offered his financial insights to companies in a wide variety of industries, including: interactive entertainment, Internet, software, media, consumer services, logistics and hospitality.
- Peter Grove, Principal – Peter has more than 25 years’ experience providing international finance, accounting, operations and business leadership. He has been CFO and a board member of a publicly-traded South African electronics company and CFO of a United Kingdom-based start-up. In addition, he has held several interim VP Finance and VP Controller positions in Southern Africa, the United Kingdom, and the US. Peter specializes in CFO / VP Finance-level strategic finance and accounting leadership, process improvements, and financial planning and analysis. He has strong industry experience in the services, import / export, technology, electronics, telecommunications and retail segments.
- Demir Vangelov, Principal – Demir is a senior financial executive with broad-based financial, accounting and operational experience. Over the span of his career, he has had extensive responsibility for financial planning and analysis, business planning, decision support and financial operations. His most recent assignments have included senior positions as the Group Director, Finance & Strategy at the Toronto Star; Finance Director at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; and various financial and analytical roles at H.J. Heinz Company and Kraft Foods.
- Dita Oducado, Principal – Dita has more than 25 years of experience in accounting and administration, with specific focus on implementing and documenting new processes and streamlining existing ones. She has led finance teams converting from – or implementing new – systems, and has been instrumental in the design and evaluation of user acceptance tests. In roles from accounting manager to director, she has been responsible for accounting for billion-dollar loan portfolios and all operational accounting and reporting duties.
- Keith Officer, Principal – Keith has spent his 20-year finance career leading complex financial analysis and process redesign projects. He utilizes practical skills to solve accounting and information technology problems and has a depth of experience in a variety of industries, including: financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and emerging businesses.
- Terry Wright, Manager – Terry specializes in Controller/Accounting Manager-level accounting leadership, process improvement and budgeting. For over 22 years, she has provided accounting services to emerging, small and mid-sized companies. She is especially effective in developing processes and increasing efficiencies and controls. Terry has also successfully built and managed teams that assist companies through due diligence, audits and tax preparation.
- Liberty Tanghal, Manager – Liberty brings over 15 years of accounting and finance operational experience to clients. She also serves as Accounting Operations Manager for HT, and for HT’s FAST subsidiary. She has worked with a number of accounting systems, and is a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor. In addition, Liberty works with clients directly and assists HT managers in providing timely and accurate financial and tax reporting.