With this new release, H&W has made improvements that offer optimized performance and historical reporting for trend analysis, capacity planning, and aid in performance tuning
(PRWEB) May 03, 2011
BOISE, Idaho - May 3, 2011 - Today H&W Computer Systems, Inc. announced the release of the 6.4 version of its industry leading SYSB-II® software, which allows customers to keep mainframe CICS applications online while batch updates VSAM files. This ability allows organizations to increase business capacity, extend the life of crucial business systems, and obtain updated information more often to make better decisions and ensure customer satisfaction.
"With this new release, H&W has made improvements that offer optimized performance and historical reporting for trend analysis, capacity planning, and aid in performance tuning," said senior product manager Joe Burns. "These improvements supply customers with the enhancements that make SYSB-II an even more valued contributor to their business and IT environments."
Improvements in SYSB-II release 6.4 include:
- Performance enhancements gained from features designed to avoid unnecessary update locking, optimize use of Read Ahead Buffer space, and take advantage of syncpoint optimization.
- Features that allow for better capacity planning and tuning based on historical reporting.
- Improved operations, reduction of reruns, and added capacity and flexibility for journaling.
In use at some of the largest corporations in America, SYSB-II is the perfect choice for business-critical CICS applications that rely on VSAM files. It allows these organizations to increase processing capacity and extend existing systems to other uses such as Web services without the hindrance of downtime due to VSAM batch updates. These organizations can use their reliable, long-serving systems without application source code changes or the cost, complexity, and risk of rearchitecting applications, data structures, or both.
Practical applications of the software include:
- Running batch while CICS is online so users can enter business transactions for more hours of the day.
- Running batch during the day to update customer records more often in order to fill orders faster or complete financial transactions in time to mail checks by day's end.
- Automate recovery from abends during nightly batch to ensure applications are available on time, maintain service-level agreements, and minimize impact on staff.
Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, H&W has been a leading provider of business software solutions to corporations and other organizations since 1979. H&W creates secure, technically sound software that fulfills the needs of both the business units and IT departments of companies. Today, hundreds of corporations worldwide including many Global 500 companies trust H&W with their business software needs. For more information, visit http://www.hwcs.com/index.asp?id=PRW