Frizz is the curly girl’s arch nemesis, and here at NaturallyCurly.com we want to keep curlies looking good
Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 01, 2011
The weather is changing and frizz season is creeping up on us. Whether you wear your hair curly or straight, frizz control is always a priority.
In its quest to help curly girls find solutions, NaturallyCurly is launching 31 Days to Fight Frizz during the month of May—prime frizz weather. Each day, readers can enter to win products from some of the top frizz-fighting brands, including Ouidad, Ojon, John Frieda, Curly Hair Solutions, Carol’s Daughter and CURLS. One grand-prize winner will also receive a $1,000 gift card.
“April showers may bring May flowers, but they also bring frizzy hair,” says Michelle Breyer, president and co-founder of NaturallyCurly.com. “Frizz is the curly girl’s arch nemesis, and here at NaturallyCurly.com we want to keep curlies looking good.”
Frizz control starts with how you care for your curls. Frizzy hair doesn’t discriminate, so NaturallyCurly.com has complied a list of ten hair healthy tips for sensational, no-frizz summer curls.
1. Get a good haircut to reduce split ends and breakage, a major cause of frizz.
2. Cleanse your hair every 2 to 3 days to keep some natural oils on your scalp to reduce frizz.
3. Never skip conditioner, and deep condition at least once a week.
4. Always detangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb when it’s wet and slick with conditioner.
5. Rinse with cold water because cold water helps smooth down the cuticle, diminishing frizz and fluffy flyaway tendencies.
6. Avoid terrycloth towels. Use microfiber instead because it does not disturb the cuticle— instead it smoothes the cuticle down, reducing frizz.
7. Choose a styling product best suited for your hair type because each hair type responds differently to weather conditions.
8. Air-dry or use a diffuser for the least amount of disruption and frizz.
9. Carry a pomade or frizz-fighting serum at all times to control frizz and repel humidity.
10. Lastly, NEVER use a brush and try not to touch your curls! Brushing while wet will break your hair, and brushing while dry is a curly hair sin.
Visit NaturallyCurly.com for more frizz tips!
About the Contest
Readers are encouraged to take part in our frizz fighter giveaway of various hair products and styling tools from our 15 sponsors: Curly Hair Solutions, Syntonics, Design Essentials, Hair Rules, Blended Beauty, Carol’s Daughter, Alikay Naturals, Original Moxie, Keralyze, Ouidad, Twisted Sista, John Frieda, Ojon, Use Me and CURLS. In addition to the fabulous giveaways, each entrant will qualify for a chance to win $1000 to complete a frizz-free look!
How to Enter
Participants must enter 31 Days To Fight Frizz Giveaway by registering at http://www.naturallycurly.com/fight-frizz to be eligible. The giveaway begins May 1, 2011, at 12:00 a.m. CST and ends May 31, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Only online entries will be accepted. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Learn how to fight, reduce and eliminate frizz for your natural hair with frizz tips, articles, styling tips, product reviews, salons and more by visiting http://www.naturallycurly.com.
Founded by Michelle Breyer and Gretchen Heber, NaturallyCurly is a network of sites that informs, empowers and unites a community of people brought together by a common interest – curly hair. The flagship brand, NaturallyCurly.com, attracts 575,000 monthly engaged, influential consumers creating user-generated content on a daily basis. The network includes CurlyNikki.com, the leading natural hair blog with a growing community of 200,000 unique visitors, CurlStylist.com, a professional community especially for stylists servicing their curly clientele, CurlMart.com, a boutique e-commerce site showcasing more than 50 brands and 500 community-vetted products and NaturallyCurlyNetwork.com. The entire network logs 2.5 million monthly visits from an average of more than 250 countries worldwide, all finding the common thread – a curl, kink or wave – that bonds them together.