(PRWEB) May 02, 2011
When Michelle Obama wakes up on Mother’s Day she’ll be nestled in sheets from Sferra Fine Linens. But Mrs. Obama isn’t the only mom Sferra is helping to get a great night’s sleep. Every mother deserves quality rest and a lot of appreciation, which is why Sferra is releasing a checklist of all the essential items you’ll need to stage an elegant, unforgettable breakfast in bed for the first lady in your life.
Moms are always thinking of others – they remind us about other people’s birthdays and graduations, they know our favorite recipes during the holidays, and they know just how to cheer us up without us ever having to ask. Mother’s Day is a time to be just as thoughtful, showing Mom how deeply we appreciate all the tiny things she does.
Breakfast in bed is a perfect way to show your mother you’ve thought of her comfort in every single small way. Instead of taking her to an expensive restaurant or spending all morning messing up the kitchen preparing a huge feast, give your mother an entire morning of love and relaxation by turning breakfast in bed into an elegant, unforgettable morning with this checklist:
- Warm towel: When Mom wakes up draw her a bath with her favorite salts, oils, or bubbles, and when she gets in toss her towel in the dryer. Leave her a bell to ring when she’s ready to get out, and you can bring her a freshly folded, piping hot towel. If she has a terrycloth robe, warm that up as well.
- Pillow and a cozy throw: Wrap a pillow and a blanket or throw in a box with some simple, understated paper and leave them for Mom to find on her bed after her shower. The card on the box can say something like “Use these to make yourself comfortable, more is on the way!”
- Something to sip and something to do: Once Mom’s snuggled in bed bring her a mug of hot coffee and the crossword puzzle (or a mimosa and the remote control!). Make sure she’s settled and has something to keep her occupied while you’re busy getting everything else together.
- The tray: A heavy tray is best, laid with two extra-large napkins to catch every crumb, and decorated with a small, low bud vase for a single flower. Make sure to use the nice china, and carefully wash it all by hand after Mom’s finished.
- The food: Adding nice new touches to her morning favorites is a simple way to show Mom you care. If she likes granola in the morning, serve her a bowl garnished with fresh mixed berries. If she prefers just to start the day with a grapefruit, present it on a nice plate next to a small bowl of vanilla-scented sugar.
The most important thing to keep in mind is what your Mom likes best, and then carry this through in all the small details of the morning. If she loves lavender you can prepare a bath with lavender oil, wrap a gift and card in lavender paper, present a cluster of dried lavender in a vase, or leave a lavender-scented sachet in the pillow you give her.
Your mother will most appreciate all the thought you’ve put into providing her with every comfort – every detail is a small “I love you” that will keep your first lady smiling all day.