Longview continues to break new ground with product offering enhancements and remains committed to provide finance and tax departments with world-class software that streamlines global accounting processes.
Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) May 03, 2011
Longview Solutions, a leading provider of corporate performance management and tax reporting software, announced today the latest release of its flagship product, Longview 7. This is the third release since Longview introduced its 7.0 SOA-based platform in October 2009 and introduces functional enhancements in the following key areas:
- Enterprise collaboration tools – Microsoft SharePoint integration which permits the use of Longview web dashboard panels on Microsoft SharePoint dashboards, as well as allows users to access and view documents in the Longview document repository with SharePoint 2010 External Lists.
- Data integration - Enhancements in data integration with 3rd party BI/reporting tools via the Longview Operational Data Store (ODS) provide improved data loading performance and streamlined mapping.
- Audit and compliance – Data audit trail reporting enhancements allow administrators to export reporting information to Excel or other reporting applications to meet compliance requirements and other purposes.
- XBRL Reporting – Improvements to the Longview FXR application that includes data preparation enhancements to support reporting specifications
Additional tax specific, out-of-the-box capabilities have also been added, including:
- Interim reporting – Out-of-box functionality that addresses quarterly reporting (non-year-end).
- Regional/state reporting capabilities – The ability to calculate “blended” provincial/regional or US state calculations as standard functionality.
- Longview Tax Data Warehouse (TDW) – The launch of Longview’s single, central repository for tax department data comprised of structured and unstructured data. With the Longview TDW, users have faster access to regularly used reports and queries, the ability to easily perform ad-hoc analysis, reduce time spent gathering manual data and reduce reliance on other departments for data.
“Longview 7 Update 3 continues to capitalize on the strong foundation of our existing CPM product and tax technology,” said John Power, President, Longview Solutions. “The addition of the Longview TDW, enhancements to Microsoft SharePoint integration, tax reporting, Longview FXR, and data audit trail functionality are just a few of the highlights of this release. Longview continues to break new ground with product offering enhancements and remains committed to provide finance and tax departments with world-class software that streamlines global accounting processes while significantly reducing inefficient activities.”
About Longview Tax
Longview Tax streamlines and automates data collection and reporting for today's global tax organizations, employing best-of-breed tax process and collaboration capabilities. Based on Longview’s proven expertise working with some of the world’s most complex multinational companies, Longview Tax seamlessly integrates with any ledger or compliance system and creates a single source of financial truth from which all, or any one of the following tax reporting processes can be performed: tax provisioning (IFRS and US GAAP), uncertain tax positions and tax data warehouse.
For more information please visit http://www.longview.com/tax.
About Longview Solutions
Longview Solutions provides corporate performance management (CPM) and tax reporting software that leading companies such as Trustmark, Time Warner, Home Depot, Eaton, Welch’s, and Integrys use to drive performance with speed, visibility and financial integrity. Since 1994, many of the world's most respected companies have been using Longview to create a single repository of financial truth from which all, or any one of the following key financial processes can be performed: Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, Modeling, Disclosure Management/XBRL Reporting, Statutory Consolidation, Management Reporting, Tax Provisioning, Uncertain Tax Positions and Tax Data Warehouse. Longview is an Exact company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with additional offices in Philadelphia, Chicago (USA) and London (UK).
For more information, visit http://www.longview.com.