"Many businesses are seeking an easy-to-use and easy-to-manage technology that solves their needs in one solution," explains David Russell, Research Vice President at Gartner.
London (PRWEB UK) 3 May 2011
Acronis, a leading provider of easy-to-use disaster recovery and data protection solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11. This new product will help organisations simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments by providing its established disk imaging technology fully integrated with purpose built data protection and backup features such as catalog and search.
In a market where disaster recovery and data protection are traditionally provided in two separate solutions, Acronis is the first to announce a product that provides the two elements of file-based backup and system-level recovery in a single, affordable, and easy-to-use product. This allows organisations to reduce complexity, as well as software maintenance and management costs. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is an integrated solution for the backup and recovery of images, files and Virtual Machines (VM). Support for applications such as Microsoft® Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server™ will become available later.
“For most companies controlling, backing up and protecting data is still not an easy task. Technology can be complex, installation painful and implementing a full disaster recovery plan is a daunting task for many,” explains David Russell, Research Vice President at Gartner. “Many businesses are seeking an easy-to-use and easy-to-manage technology that solves all their needs in one solution.”
Recent research shows that the average company is using two or three solutions for its disaster recovery and data protection needs . Available later this quarter, the unified Platform of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11, will provide a data centric view independent of the backup archive, allowing users to control their data wherever it is held, be that in a physical, virtual or a cloud world.
“Having tested Acronis Backup & Recovery 11, we can see how it makes disaster recovery and data protection much simpler for us. The new capabilities which allow you to have a logical view of your data will improve the way in which we manage our IT operations,” said beta tester Julian Small, Director at Smallworld IT.
“Running separate solutions can drive up costs and integration between technologies, even from the same vendor, is difficult. Add migrations to the backing up of data across physical, virtual and cloud environments and it’s clear that IT managers today are relying on overly complex legacy technologies,” explains Jason Donahue, CEO at Acronis. “Through this new integrated platform, we expect businesses to benefit from simplified data protection and management as well as the flexibility to choose what they need when they need it.”
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 features will include:
For all Environments:
- New: Data Protection Capabilities – Catalog & Search
- Improved: Disaster Recovery Plans – step by step plan to make recovery easy
- New: Staging and multi-destination – reduce long term storage costs with staging and add redundancy with multi-destination backups to tape, disk and cloud
- Improved: Support for tape drives and tape libraries
- Improved GUI provides simplified workflows
- New: Ability to restore and migrate to dissimilar hardware for Linux environments
- Improved: Better deduplication performance
- New: Simultaneous backups of multiple virtual machines for VMware® ESX(i) and Microsoft Hyper-V® - allowing increased performance for backups of virtual environments
- New: Single agent for multiple VMware ESX(i) hosts - increases efficiency and simplifies management of backups for VMware vSphere® configurations
- New: LAN free backup - reduced CPU and network consumption
- New: Support for Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) - for Microsoft Hyper-V environments
For the Cloud:
- New: Increased capacity options – based on customer demand for storage space, Acronis has increased its online backup capacity. Unlike other solutions, Acronis offers a flat pricing structure for the cloud rather than pricing per gigabyte.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Workstation - storage space is doubled to a maximum of 500GB
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Server - storage space is increased by 50% to 1.5TB
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Virtual Machines - doubled to 4TB
Pricing and availability:
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 will be available at £875 per advanced server from Acronis channel partners worldwide. The solution will be available later in Q2 with support for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server becoming available at a later date.
Notes to Editors
Acronis Global Disaster Recovery Index, October 2010, 3,000 IT managers surveyed across 13 countries
Acronis is a leading provider of easy-to-use disaster recovery and data protection solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. Its patented disk imaging technology enables corporations, SMBs and consumers to protect their digital assets. With Acronis' disaster recovery, deployment and migration software, users protect their digital information, maintain business continuity and reduce downtime. Acronis software is sold in more than 90 countries and available in 14 languages. For additional information, please visit http://www.acronis.co.uk. Follow Acronis on Twitter: http://twitter.com/acronis.
Acronis®, Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ and the Acronis logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Acronis Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft® Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server™, and Microsoft Hyper-V® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. VMware® ESX (i) VMware vSphere® are trademarks of VMware, Inc.