Englewood, CO (PRWEB) May 04, 2011
To meet a growing need for data center space, power and cooling in the Chicagoland market, Latisys today announced an expansion to its Oak Brook, IL, data center campus that will include an additional 10,000 square feet of high density (HD) raised floor space and 2.5 megawatts of additional power. The newly commissioned space will be available to enterprise customers June 2011.
The expansion of space and power is the result of the 48,000+ square foot facility acquired in August 2010 adjacent to Latisys’ original 99,000 square foot Oak Brook data center. Commissioning an initial 10,000 square feet of HD datacenter space with 2.5 Megawatts of critical power at this second facility – in addition to the 12.5 Megawatts of available critical power at its original facility – uniquely positions Latisys in the Chicago market with available HD data center inventory for enterprise IT infrastructure requirements. The new facility will be on display and available for data center tours at Latisys’ Grand Opening event May 11th, 2011. For details and to register, click here.
“With a relative absence of natural disasters, and geographic positioning as a major transportation and high speed connectivity hub, Chicago has become an optimal market for enterprises to deploy their IT infrastructure,” said Len Salva, Regional Sales Director, Latisys. “With this newly commissioned space, Latisys is positioned to meet a market need for high density power, space and cooling capacity, while our data center-as-a-service offering provides enterprises with the flexibility, reliability and scalability they need to succeed.”
New data center-as-a-service offering
In additional to the new facility expansion, the company also announced a new data center-as-a-service offering optimized specifically for large enterprises and service providers throughout the Midwest with significant requirements for HD data center space, power and cooling capacity. The new offering enables Latisys to deliver flexible deployments that can scale up to 250 watts per square foot, and tie customer infrastructure seamlessly into the company’s disaster recovery solutions.
Unlike the traditional wholesale data center’s model of a triple net lease, which requires companies to lease space at a data center facility and invest capital and additional personnel to run operations, Latisys’ data center-as-a-service offering eliminates capital expenditures for the enterprise by delivering complete IT infrastructure solutions – including the necessary space, power and cooling with physical security – as a service rather than lease. As a result, enterprises can turn to the Latisys Chicago-area data center campus to achieve in-demand benefits, including:
- Expanded, redundant power capacity – The newly commissioned space will have a total power capacity of 2.5 Megawatts fed from a ring buss architecture that is self correcting within seven seconds.
- Reduced TCO with elimination of capital expenditures – Rather than making capital investments in power, cooling, security and network access often required for a leased space, organizations can leverage Latisys’ investments in next-generation technologies, operational expertise and efficiencies, in addition to the data center infrastructure.
- Scalable HD power and N+1 cooling – Latisys’ data center-as-a-service offering supports between 250 kilowatts to 2 megawatts of high-density, N+1 redundant power, and up to 10,000 square feet of space with efficient cooling, 36” raised floors and optional hot-aisle or cold-aisle containment.
- Network-neutral facility – The data center campus is geographically positioned in Oak Brook for reliable connectivity, and features connections to six Tier 1 providers, including Verizon Business, AT&T, XO Communications, AboveNet, Cogent and Level 3.
- State-of-the-art security – Each Latisys data center facility features multi-layered security systems, digital video surveillance, network monitors and a 24x7x365 fully manned Network Operations Center (NOC) that is tied to the national support team.
The Oak Brook, IL Data Center Campus is a key component of Latisys’ national footprint that covers all U.S. time zones – and gateways into the Asia Pacific and Europe – delivering unmatched scalability and multi-site redundancy to enterprise customers whether they want to off-premise, off-load or optimize their IT infrastructure management.
Latisys is a leading national provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage serving business customers since 1994, and multiple high-density, SAS70 Type II compliant data centers across the United States, Latisys offers scalable outsourced IT infrastructure management solutions that provide customers what they need, when they need it. The firm’s new, state-of-the-art Tier III data center campus in Ashburn, Virginia compliments existing facility operations in Chicago, Denver and Irvine, California. As a data center-centric company, Latisys is quickly becoming the hosting and colocation company of choice for companies that demand more from their IT infrastructure partner. All while optimizing clients' return on investment. All while 'delivering more_'. Call 1-866-956-9594 or visit http://www.latisys.com for additional information.