The objective of our study was to assess how the HITECH Act was, if at all, impacting the physician narrative and how the industry focus on achieving meaningful use of EHR’s was impacting the Transcription Services marketplace.
Burlington, VT (PRWEB) May 05, 2011
CapSite™ announces the release of the 2011 U.S. Transcription Services Study. The study represents unique Voice of Customer (VOC) insight from more than 250 U.S. hospitals on:
- Historical and planned transcription services purchases
- The relevancy of supporting HIE’s by tagging transcribed documents following the Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Standard
- The relative importance and perceived value of software capabilities that allow for analysis and aggregation based on data extracted from transcribed documents
“The HITECH Act is driving significant investment in Electronic Health Record (EHR) solutions across all segments of the healthcare provider market. The objective of our study was to assess how the HITECH Act was, if at all, impacting the physician narrative and how the industry focus on achieving meaningful use of EHR’s was impacting the Transcription Services marketplace,” says CapSite Sr. VP and GM, Gino Johnson.
Highlights from the study:
- 61% of study participants are currently taking or plan to take a hybrid approach to capturing physician documentation to meet Meaningful Use requirements. The hybrid approach includes combining data elements from a variety of sources including (CPOE, ADT, nursing and physician documentation, eMar and problem lists)
- 79% indicated that Quality Management is the most important reporting category for the reporting needs of the HITECH Act
- 53% would consider their current transcription vendor for data extraction and analysis needs
Transcription Services Vendor Market Penetration / Share and Vendor Mind Share coverage includes:
3M, Acusis, Amphion, CBay, Dolbey, DTS America, Encompass, GMR, Heartland, M* Modal, MedQuist, Nuance, Precyse, Transcend, TransTech, Transolutions, TransDyne and Webmedx.
CapSite™ is a healthcare technology research and advisory firm. Our mission is to help our healthcare vendor and provider clients make more informed strategic decisions. The CapSite™ database is the trusted, easy-to-use online resource, providing critical knowledge and evidence-based information on healthcare technology purchases.
The CapSite database represents more than 120 healthcare technology categories and 800 vendors. CapSite™ provides detailed transparency on healthcare technology pricing, packaging and positioning.
CapSite has a strategic alliance with AHA Solutions to bring the CapSite database to the 5,000 AHA member hospitals.
When it comes to healthcare technology research, it helps to see all the details. Those details are now available with CapSite™.
To obtain a complimentary copy of the report Table of Contents, visit http://www.CapSite.com
# # #