For the art-curious, it may be the chance to ask artist Tom Everhart a question about his PEANUTS-inspired paintings. Everhart will be answering questions on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Snoopy) the week of May 16.
(PRWEB) May 05, 2011
Having declared 2011 “The Year of Happiness is…,”PEANUTS launches the month of May by celebrating the many different ways and places in which each of us “may” find happiness.
- For Lucy, it may be a bouquet of flowers (or, ahem, pulling the football out from under Charlie Brown).
- For Linus, it may be a double-scoop ice cream cone.
- For pretty much everyone, it may be the chance to celebrate Moms (actual or honorary!) on Sunday, May 8—Mother’s Day. What’s your “Happiness is..” moment from Mother’s Day? Visit Snoopy on Facebook on May 9 and tell the world!
- For the PEANUTS-minded art aficionado, it may be a new exhibition by artist Tom Everhart, acclaimed for his vibrant paintings inspired by the work of his friend and mentor, Charles Schulz. Everhart’s “Crashing the Party: The Arty-Fact Paintings” show will be on display at the Animazing Gallery in New York from May 22–June 26, and for sale on the gallery’s website, http://www.animazing.com.
- For the art-curious, it may be the chance to ask artist Tom Everhart a question about his PEANUTS-inspired paintings. Everhart will be answering questions on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Snoopy) the week of May 16. A sneak peak of the new paintings will also be posted on May 11.
- For social media butterflies, it may be the chance to share what makes them happy and learn what happiness means to others by visiting http://www.facebook.com/Snoopy all month long.
- And for every PEANUTS fan, it may be found in A Treasury of Happiness, the first single-volume treasury containing every one of the eight Happiness is… books. These are Charles M. Schulz’s most beloved titles, and this attractive 480-page collection is as warm, wise, and wonderful as ever.
The PEANUTS characters and related intellectual property are owned by Peanuts Worldwide LLC, a joint venture owned 80% by Iconix Brand Group, Inc. and 20% by members of the Charles M. Schulz family. Iconix Brand Group, Inc. owns, licenses and markets a growing portfolio of consumer brands including CANDIE'S (R), BONGO (R), BADGLEY MISCHKA (R), JOE BOXER (R), RAMPAGE (R), MUDD (R), LONDON FOG (R), MOSSIMO (R), OCEAN PACIFIC(R), DANSKIN (R), ROCA WEAR(R), CANNON (R), ROYAL VELVET (R), FIELDCREST (R), CHARISMA (R), STARTER (R) and WAVERLY (R). In addition, Iconix owns an interest in the ARTFUL DODGER (R), ED HARDY (R), ECKO (R), MARC ECKO (R), ZOO YORK (R), MATERIAL GIRL(TM), and PEANUTS brands. The Company licenses its brands to a network of leading retailers and manufacturers that touch every major segment of retail distribution from the luxury market to the mass market in both the U.S. and worldwide. Through its in-house business development, merchandising, advertising and public relations departments Iconix manages its brands to drive greater consumer awareness and equity.
# # #