The opportunity for attendees to collaborate is endless. We value learning from others and are excited to build on the exchange we had here.
Sarasota, Fla. (PRWEB) May 11, 2011
The Patterson Foundation – whose President and CEO Debra Jacobs and partners recently presented at the Aging in America Conference in San Francisco – share their top insights from the Aging in America Conference in San Francisco April 26-30.
Jacobs, along with a panel of other local professionals, including Tim Dutton and Suzanne Gregory from SCOPE (Sarasota County Openly Plans for Excellence), Kathy Black from USF Sarasota-Manatee, Roxanne Joffe from CAP Brand Marketing, Kathleen Houseweart from Sarasota Memorial Healthcare System, and Michael Corley, The Patterson Foundation’s dementia initiative manager, were invited to speak about the following topics:
- How the oldest county in America generated energy
- The Institute for the Ages: A center of innovation and creative problem solution (an initiative of SCOPE)
- New Realities: Engaging communities to enhance dignity and independence
- Transforming the management of the dementia continuum of care
Here are the team’s top takeaways from the conference:
- There are many groups, foundations, and organizations doing similar things. Imagine the possibilities to collaborate and leverage what each is learning.
- Foundations and philanthropic organizations have a unique opportunity to facilitate positive change, but they must work together
- Technology is playing an ever-increasing role in not only decreasing health care costs but also maintaining the independence of older adults
“We are excited to share what we have learned through making connections at this conference,” said Jacobs. “The opportunity for attendees to collaborate is endless. We value learning from others and are excited to build on the exchange we had here.”
About The Patterson Foundation
The Patterson Foundation, based in Sarasota, Fla., exists to inspire others through innovative, collaborative and efficient philanthropy. The foundation approaches its work through communications, finance, learning and technology, with an emphasis on collaborating with others to leverage resources and create New Realities. For more information, please visit http://www.ThePattersonFoundation.org.