Celebrate dad this Father’s Day with a gift that allows him to enjoy a day doing what he likes best.
Santa Barbara, CA (PRWEB) May 19, 2011
The first Father’s Day celebrated in America occurred on June 19, 1910. Father’s Day was born out of the desire of Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington, to celebrate her widowed, Civil War veteran father, who was left to raise his six children alone. The first presidential proclamation honoring Father’s Day was issued in 1966 by President Johnson. The annual holiday has been celebrated since 1972, when President Nixon signed the public law making the holiday permanent.
Celebrate dad this Father’s Day with a gift that allows him to take a break from his everyday roles as the house handyman, mechanic, homework guru, gardener and confidant, and instead allows him to enjoy a day doing what he likes best. And don’t worry—FindTheBest even has great gift ideas for those workaholic dads who can’t be pulled away from their work.
Best for the Daredevil Dad
- Take dad to a shooting range for some competitive target practice. Compare shooting ranges nearby on FindTheBest’s Shooting Range Comparison.
- Get the whole family to pitch in to get dad his dream motorcycle. Looking for a bike that won’t break the bank? Compare our list of leading motorcycles under $10,000.
Best for the Outdoorsy Dad
- Scout out a great local biking trail and surprise dad with the shiny new mountain bike he’s been eyeing. Compare hundreds of bikes on FindTheBest’s Mountain Bikes Comparison to find the perfect one.
- Get dad a two-some to one of the Top 10 Expert Rated Golf courses. Find and compare the top rated, nearby public golf courses.
Best for the Workaholic Dad
- Has dad been eyeing that new iPad or Eee slate? Compare FindTheBest's top rated tablets by Expert Rating, price, screen size, internal storage and features to find the best one for dad’s needs. Not functional enough for the work that dad does? Check out FindTheBest’s Laptops and Netbooks Comparison to find dad the perfect computer.
- Is dad still pushing around that rusty lawn mower from 1982? Let him garden in style with a new lawn tractor. With hundreds of options to choose from, compare lawn tractors based on manufacturer, brand, features, price and more.
Best for the Life-of-the-Party Dad
- Treat dad to an Expert Rated cigar that he can enjoy after a night out with the boys. Compare hundreds of cigars to find the perfect one for dad.
- Pick out a top 10 Expert Rated whiskey for dad to enjoy as a nightcap after a night out. With more than 100 options to compare, FindTheBest’s Whiskey, Scotch and Bourbon Comparison can help narrow down the choices based on factors like distiller, region, Expert Rating, age, price and more.
FindTheBest.com is a socially curated comparison engine that allows you to find a topic, compare your options in a side-by-side table, sort the data with smart filters and decide what’s best for you.