The EMA Software Asset Management Radar Report highlights EMA's choices for the best SAM products and provides IT professionals with a starting point from which to evaluate these products.
BOULDER, Colo., (PRWEB) May 12, 2011
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced the release of its newest EMA Radar Report™ titled, "EMA Radar for Software Asset Management (SAM): Q2 2011." Created to assist IT professionals in selecting the right SAM products, EMA has identified the leading vendors in this space based on key criteria defined by the EMA research team.
Results identify key strengths and weaknesses and highlight characteristics, summarized in a detailed market map and Radar Chart – which includes a composite score for each vendor – making it simple to see how vendors measure up in the market, as well as against other vendors.
The following criteria were the major factors used to evaluate SAM solutions:
- Deployment and Administration - including ease of deployment and administration and support and services
- Cost Advantage - including price, licensing model and maintenance costs
- Architecture and Integration – including design and breadth of platform, scalability and security
- Functionality - including ability to manage license variants, licensing categories and type, and contract management capabilities
"The EMA Software Asset Management Radar Report highlights EMA's choices for the best SAM products and provides IT professionals with a starting point from which to evaluate these products," said Dan Twing, president and COO at EMA. “This report will be a valuable guide to anyone making a purchase decision for a SAM solution.”
The SAM Radar Report provides a detailed, comparative study of products from the following twelve vendors: Alloy Software, ASG Software, Express Metrix, Eracent, Flexera, FrontRange, Hewlett-Packard, IBM Tivoli, iET Solutions, LANDesk, ManageEngine and Symantec.
The complete EMA Radar Report™ for Software Asset Management: Q2 2011 is available online for $795 at http://bit.ly/ifxhBX
The summary is available for free online at http://bit.ly/mGo669
About the EMA Radar Report
The EMA Radar Report delivers an in-depth analysis of industry-leading vendors and vendor products, including their overall market position in comparison with other vendors. This information is laid out in an easy-to-decipher, detailed Radar Chart - which includes the composite score for each vendor – making it simple to see how vendors measure up in the market, as well as against other vendors. The EMA Radar report also provides a detailed discussion of methodology and criteria, a high-level market segment overview, a comprehensive analyst write-up on each vendor, as well as an evaluation of software products based on five key dimensions:
- Ease of Deployment & Administration: This dimension rates vendors on start-up cost and effort, as well as ongoing operational cost and effort. Ease of Deployment is measured by scoring implementation timeframe, support, professional services, training, and auto-discovery factors. Ease of administration and automation of management are measured for the Administration component.
- Cost Advantage: Considering licensing models, the price for a license, as well as maintenance costs, this dimension scores products on their relative price advantage when compared to others in the market. Low price, flexible licensing model, and reasonable maintenance costs are awarded the highest scores.
- Architecture & Integration: This dimension assesses the strength and extensibility of the core architecture, as well as the ease of integration and availability of existing modules for integration with other products.
- Functionality: This dimension assesses the features of the products on a number of important factors for the product category. Completeness of the product features, as well as ease of use is measured.
- Vendor Strength: This dimension considers not just the vendor’s financial strength and presence in the market but also their vision, market credibility and partnerships/channels to reflect their overall strength as a supplier.
Founded in 1996, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help its clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com. You can also follow EMA on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ema_research.