It takes more than entrance into our contest to win an award, and companies understand—and respect—that.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 12, 2011
The winners of Ultimate Beverage Challenge’s (UBC) second annual Ultimate Wine Challenge are announced after judging was held at Astor Center in New York City on May 2-6, 2011. An extraordinary panel of judges, led by F. Paul Pacult and touting two masters of wine, once again proved that UBC’s founding tenets of integrity, method, and credibility can be the driving forces in alcoholic beverage competitions. The top scoring wines in their category were awarded the coveted Chairman’s Trophy and all trophy winners and finalists feature tasting notes from the judges along with their rating based on the 100-point rating system. The top awards, ratings and tasting notes from such esteemed judges are invaluable in assisting brands market their wines as well as helping consumers navigate the hundreds of choices they are presented with when it comes time to purchase. In addition, this year Ultimate Wine Challenge results feature wines designated as “great value” based on the relationship between their price and final score.
Ultimate Wine Challenge judges were led by F. Paul Pacult (judging chairman) and Sean Ludford (assistant judging chairman) and included: Lorena Ascencios; Michael Apstein; Christy Canterbury; James Conley; Mary Ewing-Mulligan, MW; Mary Gorman; Ed McCarthy; John McClement; Steve Olson; Patricia Savoie; Tara Q. Thomas and Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan, MW. Wines entered were judged on the familiar 100-point rating system in multiple rounds to arrive at the top wine per category. All wines were judged in flights according to price, grape type and region. The judging panels did not know the identity of any of the entered still, sparkling and fortified wines in order to provide a completely level playing field for all entrants.
Said UBC Managing Partner F. Paul Pacult, “We are pleased that so many companies entered Ultimate Wine Challenge this year. It proves that people understand the importance and the value of our unimpeachable judging methods, the worth of our Chairman’s Trophy awards and the marketable use of our scores and tasting notes. It takes more than entrance into our contest to win an award, and companies understand—and respect—that. This is only our second year, and we have already established our challenges as an industry presence. They have grown by leaps and bounds in so many ways, and we’re all looking forward to a long and promising future for all our Challenges.”
For a complete list of results, including all finalists and scores, visit http://www.ultimate-beverage.com/uwc2011results
To see images of Ultimate Wine Challenge behind-the-scenes judging, go to http://www.ultimate-beverage.com/2011UWCphotos/
For downloadable high and low resolution images, click here.
2011 Ultimate Wine Challenge Chairman’s Trophy Winners
- Altos Nevado Malbec 2008 (Argentina): Malbec-World
- Beronia Tempranillo Reserva (Spain): Spain-Reds
- Black Stallion Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 (USA): Cabernet Sauvignon-World
- Cecchi Sangiovese di Maremma Bonzio 2009 (Italy): Sangiovese-World
- Falua Conde de Vimioso Reserva 2008 (Portugal): Portugal-Reds
- Franciscan Magnificat 2006 (USA): Assorted Reds-North America
- Giarrusso Zinfandel 2008 (USA): Zinfandel-USA
- Sequana Pinot Noir Sarmento Vineyard 2009 (USA): Pinot Noir-World
- Wakefield St. Andrews Estate Shiraz 2006 (Australia): Shiraz/Syrah-World
- Wild Horse Merlot 2008 (USA): Merlot-World
- Clos du Val Ariadne Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc (USA): Sauvignon Blanc-World
- Glen Carlou Chardonnay 2009 (South Africa): Chardonnay-World
- La Miranda de Secacastilla Grenache Blanc 2009 (Spain): Assorted Whites- Europe
- Wagner Vineyards Riesling Semi-Dry Estate Grown 2009 (USA): Riesling-World
- Piper Sonoma Blanc de Blancs NV (USA): Sparkling-World
- Inniskillin Vidal Blanc Ice Wine 2007 (Canada): Late Harvest/Botrytisized-North America
- Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Porto (Portugal): Porto-Portugal
About Ultimate Beverage Challenge – http://www.ultimate-beverage.com
Ultimate Beverage Challenge (UBC) was founded by F. Paul Pacult, Sue Woodley and David Talbot and provides expert evaluation of spirits, cocktails and wines for producers, importers and marketers through its three innovative annual competitions – Ultimate Spirits Challenge, Ultimate Cocktail Challenge and Ultimate Wine Challenge. In addition, UBC will host a gala consumer, media and trade tasting event, Ultimate Blast, in NYC on October 14, 2011, to showcase the most noteworthy spirits, cocktails and wines.
Like us on Facebook
Ultimate Beverage Challenge inquiries: email@example.com or 1-347-878-6551.
Media inquiries: Manuela Savona, Savona Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-917-969-1275.